What's new

Cigars good...auction bad

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I'm psyched! :blob: :blob: I was highest bidder on a few 3 packs of PS26s (#6 & #9)! :thumbsup: I haven’t even seen these in any B&Ms and the single prices on a few of the internet suppliers have seemed, frankly, unjustifiable. So, then I check out one of the auction sites and what do I see? Padron Serie 1926 3 packs! :crosseyed :drool: :drool:

Note to self though, stay away from the cigar auctions for a while. They are pure evil! :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Congrats :thumbsup: Hope you got a good deal because usually the high-end stuff goes for bank because of pissing wars.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I think I did OK. I told myself I wouldn't pay more than 75% of the lowest single price I could find on the web, and I didn't. And that included a 3 finger leather case with each 3 pak. (Don't expect they will be Dunhills, but since I don't have one...) I wasn't even the Highest bidder. It was a Yankee auction.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I almost bid on those as well and did win a couple 2 packs with the czonka case previously. I also have a % I try not to bid more than retail, otherwise not worth it. My purchases were mostly from end Dec beg of Jan when the bids seems to be lower, thus I won too many. Congrats on the primo smokes.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I picked up a box of CAO Criolla Patos a few weeks ago at the same site. Not a bad price. But I can see where it can get addictive. Must...stop...checking...out...auction....site...must....save....money....for....food.........:drool:

Wasch_24

I have never gotten caught up in that...auctions that is.
Probably smart. I actually haven't regretted the bids that I’ve won, but I certainly can see the potential for problems. But then I lived in Vegas for 2 ½ years and learned a few hard lessons.