What's new

Cigars International has been bought.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
http://www.top25cigar.com/a_apps/ANM/anmviewer.asp?a=541&z=3

So what do you think? Since they own cigar brands, will it change what they sell? Will some of there current brands no longer sell to them since they are technically a competitor? I personally hate seeing privately owned businesses bought by international interests. :scratchhe

I looked for a thread about this before I posted but if I am rehashing another thread please forgive me.

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
From the sound of it, it looks like CI will stay the same and be independent of the parent company. I rarely use them, but I always page through their catalogs, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens..

-Thanks for the info!!

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I think it's awesome that Swedish Match (*cough*General Cigar*cough*) bought CI... same deal as how Altadis bought JRs. We should start seeing improved pricing on General's brands.

Considering how the Supreme Court recently overturned price fixing, I think it's going to be a GOOD THING for consumers. Well, at least if you smoke General's stuff.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Considering how the Supreme Court recently overturned price fixing, I think it's going to be a GOOD THING for consumers. Well, at least if you smoke General's stuff.
i though that the supreme court decided that manufacturers could set minimun prices for their products

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
i though that the supreme court decided that manufacturers could set minimun prices for their products
That is what I thought as well.

I'm interested to see if it will continue to be run by the same people. I've heard of several companies recently that have been purchased by large corps, like Disney, but the current owners are kept on with salary to run the division. That's a sweet deal, big bucks to sell and a nice 6 figure salary to keep working it. I'm in.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Oops, that's what I *MEANT* to say!

Since they *CAN* dictate minimum prices, I would bet that CI would get even better pricing since it's part of their organization (direct sales, if you will).

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hope its business as usual since I hate to see people loose jobs. Can't say I'm a big customer even though I'm close to both their stores. I drop in from time to time to pick up some singles but thats about it.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Unfortunately, whenever a company is acquired, people lose jobs. Its the only way to get added value out of the acquisition. Synergy.