What's new

Cigars of the year (2013)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Tat Regio Reserva was the best cigar I smoked this year, but there were many, many winners. Cigars just keep getting better and better :)

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
CQ1
Regios Reserva
UF-4
BOTL '13 Corona
UF-13

I'll caveat this by saying I haven't tried the Drumstick, JD Howard, or DPG 10th.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Illusions R
UF-13
JD Howard Reserve
Tat Noella Reserva
Tat Belle Encre
This exact list.
And maybe a best lancero list as well:
7-20-4
Reinado GER PL
La Palina #40 Maduro
HG Drumstick

I should preface this by saying, everything was new to me this year. But y'all don't want to see a real long ass list.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
The best for me have been the Davidoff Nicaragua and the La Palina Mr Sam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
My top 10 NCs this year in order:

1. Tat CQ1
2. Goldie No. 5
3. DPG 10th Anny
4. Herrera Esteli Short Corona
5. BOTL Corona
6. Tat Noella Rserva
7. Headley Grange CG
8. La Palina Maduro 40
9. Lat Maduro 44
10 Weston Corona Sumatra

Pretty boring list. I'm surprise how much my list resembles everybody elses... I guess the majority of us enjoy the same stuff.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
2013 has been a pretty boring cigar year for me... The only new things I have added to the rotation with any regularity this year have been the 7-20-4 dog walker and the JDHR... Everything else remains the same from previous years...

Hard for me to build a top 10 when there have only been a couple of new sticks that I've really enjoyed this year..

2012 on the other hand was pretty easy... Lots of new releases, new vitolas, limited editions, etc that I got excited about..

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
2013 has been a pretty boring cigar year for me... The only new things I have added to the rotation with any regularity this year have been the 7-20-4 dog walker and the JDHR... Everything else remains the same from previous years...

Hard for me to build a top 10 when there have only been a couple of new sticks that I've really enjoyed this year..

2012 on the other hand was pretty easy... Lots of new releases, new vitolas, limited editions, etc that I got excited about..
Couldnt agree more brother; I mentioned this in a thread a few weeks ago. 2013 felt like a slower year where 2012 added a lot of sticks that all landed in the rotation for me. Good releases this year, just not a ton of additions.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the JD Howard. The sour cherry notes are awesome.

The racine is amazing. Reminds me of the Partagas Series E no2.

WCD Cabaiguan. The third release (and released in 2013) of the 120th Draper's stick.

Draper's natty and maduro Padron 1964 CG (non-box press)

Tatuaje FF Avion 13.

Tatuaje Black CG 10th Anniversary.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
So with a grain of salt these are my top 10 of 2013; I always take a picture of what I smoke and I was able to look back and re-vist in the last few weeks. 2013 was a shit personal year but a good year for smokes apparently.

10. Headley Grange Estupendos
I was introduced to these at the show and they are awesome; full of flavor and great tobacco. Spicy but balanced; a few brothers agree with me that they lost a little in subsequent releases but rest will bring about the awesome-ness.

IMG_1230.jpg

9. Tatuaje Tobacco Plaza DD "Double D"
Killers when they where released, time has done wonders; full flavored and full of the Connecticut Broadleaf goodness that Pete and Don P are known for.

IMG_1456.jpg

8. Vegas Robania Famosos
Floral, Floral, Floral goodness. I believe the few I had where from an 07' box and the delicate flavor sat me down every time. A wonderful smoke with a short, and pleasant finish.

IMG_1730.jpg

7. Padron Anniversary 85th Maduro
My favorite Padron (so far) Spice, Chocolate, and a finish that is light but full of lingering spice. A great smoke.

IMG_1937.jpg

6. Tatuaje Conoju 2012 Sumatra
This Is, has, and will be my favorite tatuaje for a LONG time. from pre-draw, to light, to finish this cigar is delicious. The best wrapper that Pete has put on a cigar, bar none.

IMG_1890.jpg

5. Four Kicks LE 2012 Mule Kick
The best thing that John has created with Ernesto; extra ligero leaf made the profile literally perfect. Spice upfront, party in the back with flavor. Time resting has done wonders, a "Must-try" for anyone that loves cigars.

IMG_1469.jpg

4. Oliva Serie V Melanio Churchill
This is by far the most complex cigar of the year for me; its a roller coaster of flavor that is enjoyable and stands alone. No paring with this one; water and time.

IMG_1931.jpg

3. Cohiba Behike BHK 52
From the 2010 release, the only cigar that is full bodied with a finish that is mild and complex. A wonderful celebratory smoke that is creamy and balanced from beginning to nub.

IMG_2237.jpg

2. Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos Regional Edition Asia Pacific 2009
There is a reason these where available and then disappeared; they blossomed into a truly great smoke this year, and everyone saw it. Balanced, body, and flavor put this at no. 2

IMG_2173.jpg

1. Ramon Allones Superiores La Casa de Habano Exclusive
Smoke one from the 2010 or 2011 release, then you tell me.

IMG_1963.jpg

Honorable mentions: (AKA smoke then, damn it)

Quesada Selecion Espana Robusto
The best; yeah I said it the robusto is the best.

IMG_1739.jpg

Tatuaje Wolfman
Petes sumatra hitting on all the cylinders again...

IMG_1227.jpg

Montecristo Open Junior
Put the preconceived notions aside; take a few days off of smoking a try it; awesome smoke (2010's are hot right now)

IMG_2629.jpg

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Thanks for the list Gavin! Normally someone starts a thread labeled botl top 201_. I say this one would work. It certainly has a great start! Next year I think Ill take a pic of every cigar I can as well. For me this year is probably the first year I can not say I've had top 5-10 cigars for anything. Not sure if it's just me enjoying cigar time in general or if cigars have just not wowed me as in the past. (don't get me wrong I've had plenty of stellar cigars this year, just none I can instantly recall as saying man was that tops.)

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Thanks for the list Gavin! Normally someone starts a thread labeled botl top 201_. I say this one would work. It certainly has a great start! Next year I think Ill take a pic of every cigar I can as well. For me this year is probably the first year I can not say I've had top 5-10 cigars for anything. Not sure if it's just me enjoying cigar time in general or if cigars have just not wowed me as in the past. (don't get me wrong I've had plenty of stellar cigars this year, just none I can instantly recall as saying man was that tops.)
Normally I would agree with you but that (those two) RA's I smoked (unintentionally) every quarter this year and each time they really gave me a "wow" experience.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I have only had a few on your list and the ones I had definitely deserve being up there. Thanks for putting it together, gives me more to look forward to trying in the future.