What's new

"CIGARS" on customs document

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice to hear a response from someone once they receive a box and what the vendors have to say......I hope these forums can only be viewed by registered members........

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I brought this up with some guys at my local B&M tonight and one guy said he just got his clearly marked on the outside within the last couple weeks... :crying:

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
This was the response I got from a non-swiss vendor (that ships in swiss package & is now labeling):

"All shipments are required by customs to have upon their exterior a label stating the exact contents and the value of the parcel, lack of adherence to this regulation, risks confiscation of the parcel.

Any customs duties, or charges etc. incurred are solely your responsibility.

We will not refund any shipment that is refused by purchaser, refused shipments do not get returned to us. Continuing with this order will indicate acceptance of these conditions.

This is due to a new regulation by Swiss customs.

At the moments no confiscations notices"

Now my questions is: is confiscation included in the guarantee? The line about 'refused shipments' seems like a loophole in there policy to refuse refund or replacement.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Sometimes it helps to get ahold of vendors. Instead of all the crazyness starting again and everyone running around. Having said that a good "buddy" just got four yellow packages in the mail, clearly labeled as cigars. Another buddy had called such vendor to talk about current policy. They are as far as my knowledge still guranteeing redilivery. Not knowing what vendors everyone uses BECAUSE ITS NOT ALLOWED (hint). I would recommend email or calling a vendor your using to see about there policy. It will be what a good friend of mine will be doing in the future.<--------

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
This was the response I got from a non-swiss vendor (that ships in swiss package & is now labeling)
Might not be located in Switzerland, but probably uses a warehouse in Switzerland (that many other vendors use) to dropship cigars.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
It is not an issue as long as those who do the guaranteeing, follow through...

Sometimes, just one replacement or refund. After which it's "No soup for you!".
Pretty much. It'd be stupid for you to buy from a vendor if it keeps getting confiscated. And it'd be bad business for him to always replace cigars. The vendor gets leery after a couple confiscations.