What's new

Cigars smoked over the weekend.

Mr.OneNineDoubleDeuce

The Machine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quai D'orsay Gran Coronas - 02 - Sweet, mild, but FLAVORFUL corona that starts out with a hint of spice (cinammon), but then settles into a very pleasing mild cigar in a great size. Gotta get my hands on some!

Hoyo de Monterrey Petite Robusto - 04 - I've raved enough about these, but, I'll rave some more. A hearty, full flavored cigar packed into a size absolutely PERFECT for a 1/2 hour - 45 minute smoke break. Love'em!

VR Famosos - A "heavy" cigar with notes of cocoa, chocolate and a slight nuttiness on the palatte. Full bodied with a long finish made this very enjoyable to finish off the night.

Diplomatico #4 - A nice smoke to start the morning with. Creamy, nutty and on the mild side of medium made this a great compliment with the morning coffee I was drinking. Steady and smooth with a great draw and burn.

Siglo 1 - As with the Diplomatico #4, a very nice morning smoke with bean, and vanilla flavors and slight spiciness to it. Never burned hot or experienced any burn issues

Bolivar Coronas Extra - 01 - This cigar was incredible. Earthy, heavy, a slight nuttiness on the palatte with some spice. Off the bat, within the first few draws, you could tell this was an aged cigar and it burned as such. A great draw, a super loooong finish, and wonderful full bodied flavors made this cigar one worth looking for to keep in the humi.

Bolivar Belicoso Fino - 03 - This had to be one of the darkest looking BBF's I had EVER seen. The wrapper was almost EL like and was very oily. Upon lighting I was hit with a full blast of spice and earthy notes. VERY full bodied and this cigar warranted some respect. I smoked very slowly and was rewarded with an awesome smoking experience.

Hamlet Custom Rolled Salamone - A dark, beastly looking cigar. Mammoth in size and in flavor. Very leathery, earthy, slight peppery note to it, and full bodied. Smoked this to the nub. A little bit of a burn issue in the beginning, but then burned razor sharp the rest of the way. Very long finish. Had to smoke it with some water to maintin my focus!..lol.

Just sharing folks!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Nice thread, let's see...
Party Short - 03 - One of the spiciest cigars I am able to enjoy. My enjoyment of these little powerhouses totally depends on my mood at the time. Was a perfect choice for a brisk walk with the wife and baby Friday night.

Partagas Charlotte - 01 - This super slim vitola just has a classy look to it. I was advised by the gifter of this cigar to smoke it gently and slowly. Did just that and enjoyed for the hour it took me to drive into DC to meet up with a few B'sOTL (lfg2nrg, xrundog, and smoker06). Relatively mild and very smooth.

VR Classico - 01 - Received three of these from my buying club buy in March and had traded the other two away. Really kicking myself for that now. This cigar was perfection from start to finish. Definitely the most enjoyable VR I have had to date. Really enjoyed the size and the 80 minute smoking time was perfect for a Saturday afternoon herf.

Partagas Corona - Date unknown - I traded xrundog for this stick and it was extremely enjoyable. Very earthy and straight forward in the beginning with a slight amount of spiciness taking over in the last third. Was a very nice smoke for the ride hom from the herf.

I didn't smoke a cigar on Sunday while hiking with the wife and baby because the baby was in the backpack on my back. I did enjoy a nice young Monte #4 on my way into work today. It was staisfying but reminded me of the benefit of some age on a Havana.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Saturday Morning/Afternoon

Cuban Davidoff #1 (first one I've ever had - pretty good - not as mild as reported or expired IMHO - I believe that this has the same taste profile as the current #1's - just made with cuban tobbaco - if that makes sense?) Not all cigars should knock you over the head. jm2cs
1999 - Cohiba Lancero Res.
Partagas Piramides LE 2000 OR

Saturday Night
Montecristo Robustos Millenium
Trinidad Reyes - great little cigar - I just should've smoked it before the Monty Millenium.

No smokes on Sunday
Great weekend!!!!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Let's see:
PSD4 (disappointing to be honest...will be looking for more, too many good things said about this cigar)
97 RyJ Cazadore: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Monte #4 that I enjoyed quite a bit. Enough so that I think it might just be on the must buy list now. :)

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Jwrussell said:
Monte #4 that I enjoyed quite a bit. Enough so that I think it might just be on the must buy list now.
I do not understand why people bash this cigar. I can truly say that I've never had a bad one. They aren't the most complex or strongest but very consistent!!! I always try to have some of these (or the petite tubes, which are the same).

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Party Short ( i love these)
PSD4 completely funked, unsmokable
Ashton Magnum
Monti #2, end off the weekend right

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Fri night, a BBF
Sat mid-day I had a taijtoi(I forget how to spell it) torpedo-these are amazing cigars for being NC.
Sat night I had a saint luis rey, bout a corona size(again, sorry for the lack of detail)
All were very good, the SLR was a bit too tight for my tastes though.
Again, nothing on Sunday.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Partagas Piramide EL (yum)
RAG (not impressed)
Cohiba Siglo II (good - as usual)
Boli PC (also good - and never disappointing)

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
A.F. Hemingway Classic Maduro
PL - PC
Party Short

All tasted the same because my nose is stopped up. :(

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Jwrussell said:
Monte #4 that I enjoyed quite a bit. Enough so that I think it might just be on the must buy list now. [/QUOTE=Buckwheat]I do not understand why people bash this cigar. I can truly say that I've never had a bad one. They aren't the most complex or strongest but very consistent!!! I always try to have some of these (or the petite tubes, which are the same).
I had one recently that was very good. And it made me want to get more

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I had an aged Parti Luisi that was gifted to me by the Tubaman with my coffee sitting on the deck watching the birds.
A great cigar from a great friend.

Had a Don Carlos while woring in the yard and it was great.

Ended the day with a Siglo I in the hottub.

Slammer

arf arf
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Friday night I settled down with an SLR DC 02' not what I expected it to be. I thought it was kind of mild. Saturday night I had a RASS.

Mikey

Smokestack Lightning
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCdh EP 02 chocolicious wonder stick

Punch RS #11 03 still a little tight and tannic,but these will be exceptional very soon.

RASCC 03 I love these...they're always great.Medium bodied,spicy and complex.

Cohiba Siglo VI 03 This one was a little disappointing.Tight draw and still kind of funky...second half was a little better,but these still need some time.

Opus X Petite Lancero Age unknown,but the cello was really getting cloudy. This was another tightly rolled cigar that I had to massage a little to get going.Full on peppery spiciness and had a bit of a tangy fruit essence that really caught my attention.The burn was a off at first but corrected at the middle and was fine after that.
The one thing I noticed about this cigar was how "heavy" the smoke felt in my mouth.
I can smoke a cuban and after I'm done there's the reminder that a
wonderful cigar has been smoked.Almost a lipsmacking sensation,but with the Opus,you could tell you just smoked stronger,but not better, tasting cigar.
It made me want to go brush my teeth to get rid of the after taste.

I would've liked to have finished with a cuban but my time had expired...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow, you guys had some good weekends. I didn't get as many in as I would have liked because the weather was finally turning nice and I did a lot of mountain biking. I had:

Boli CJ Sep 04 It was the second one I had from the box and was an improvement over the first, but still needs to rest a while longer. I need to exercise some restraint and wait another month or so to try it again.

SCdH Principe Dec 03 This was from a box split I did with IHT and these guys are so tasty. I definitely need to get more.

JL #2 Apr 04 I can't get enough of these. This has become my go to smoke lately.