What's new

Cigars That Utilize Dominican Corojo

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I was trying to think of cigars that make use of Dominican Corojo. Besides the Aging Room Solera, and a couple of La Auroras, I can't think of any.

So, I need you guys to help me build a list to try. What are some good cigars with Dominican Corojo?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Chogui Dos 77 is an excellent cigar - so good that I really wanted to recommend it here, even though I was unsure about the blend, so I looked it up online - turns out it uses some Dominican corojo in the filler, so it belongs here. (y)

From halfwheel:
  • I have to give the Chogüí Dos77 a lot of credit for delivering bold flavor without being a punch to the chest or stomach. It’s rare to find a cigar that can do that and deserves to be mentioned as there are plenty of cigars that seem determined to knock a person back in their chair.
This assessment is pretty spot on (IMO at least). Availability can be a little hit or miss, but definitely worth a try.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I was trying to think of cigars that make use of Dominican Corojo. Besides the Aging Room Solera, and a couple of La Auroras, I can't think of any.

So, I need you guys to help me build a list to try. What are some good cigars with Dominican Corojo?
Out of curiosity, what is it about Dominican Corojo that you like?

I know I like Honduran Corojo, e.g., JRE Aladino, but never truly thought about the differences between Dominican, Honduran and Nicaraguan Corojo.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Out of curiosity, what is it about Dominican Corojo that you like?

I know I like Honduran Corojo, e.g., JRE Aladino, but never truly thought about the differences between Dominican, Honduran and Nicaraguan Corojo.
It tends to be a little bit lighter and some what more refined than Nicaraguan Corojo. It is more nutmeg, white pepper, malt, and cedar with a different style of "earthy." I always thought of the difference between the earthy flavors of Nicaraguan Corojo and Dominican as the difference between potting soil (dark, minerals, sometimes pungent) and a red dirt road. The second being lighter and more aromatic.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk