What's new

CI's New Blend Lab

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If you've stepped into Cigars International Super Store recently, you will have noticed they opened up another section of the store. There are some chairs, tables lined with shirts and hats, and then there's something else... a locked walk-in humidor.

After speaking with an employee at the shop, I learned that this new walk-in humidor is stuffed with what they call the Blend Lab: A selection of smokes that are tailor-suited to one's liking. For example, I wanted a full-bodied smoke with a Habano wrapper and all Nicaraguan filler -- robusto sized. He looked at a chart that listed the attributes of the cigars inside of the Blend Lab and found one that had all of the characteristics I was looking for.

They don't tell you who manufactured the cigars. The only thing distinguishable about the cigar is the hand-written numbers on the band.

The employee I spoke with told me in due time the CI website would be updated to allow people to post reviews of their numbered Blend Lab cigars.

A novel concept, I think.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Interesting...
Isn't it?! That's exactly what I thought when I heard the news.

Oh, and I should have mentioned that my cigar has top-notch construction. It is hefty and solid, with minimal veins and a nice cap. I doubt they're outsourcing the manufacturing to the people who roll Buccanero Reds.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Pretty cool... Very gimmicky...

What was the price by the way? Do you know the price range? How many different blends are there?

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I heard about this - I was told that they want people to review them or at least leave feedback - if they get enough possitive feedback on one - it could go into production.

Interesting idea. I may have to try a few...

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
i wonder if it's the same crap they already sell, just unbanded?! stuff we wouldn't normally try...
Posted via Mobile Device

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Hmm...what I wouldn't give to have a B&M like this where I live. Of course then my wallet would be a lot lighter lol. It's an interesting idea for sure.

Dan

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Pretty cool... Very gimmicky...

What was the price by the way? Do you know the price range? How many different blends are there?

Mine was $8.50. They ranged from around $4 to $10 from what I saw.

As for how many blends -- a lot. The walk-in was filled. Next time I go I'll take my camera and get pictures.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Are these all new specially blended sticks for this experiment or just sticks that have been sitting in the warehouse with the bands pulled off, rebanded and then put in to a chart for this experiment?

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Are these all new specially blended sticks for this experiment or just sticks that have been sitting in the warehouse with the bands pulled off, rebanded and then put in to a chart for this experiment?
i would put money on that!!

we have become lab rats!!!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That's a great question... I guess I should've asked that before spending $8.50 on the cigar...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
These are all ideas that could turn into cigars that make their way to the shelves. Apparently it's something like, "What if we took a Man O' War and put a Sumatra wrapper on it?" Then the manufacturer makes it and it goes in the lab. If it gets enough good feedback the blend may hit the shelves. Now if a cigar gets a lot of bad feedback they plan on pulling it out of the lab and replacing it with something else. They have 29 blends right now to try. The majority are Nicaraguan and they have one manufacturer from the Dominican. Below is the site where you can leave your feedback. I will also post pics below I just took.

http://cigarsinternational.com/blendlab/

Last edited: