What's new

Clapton and Daltrey

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'm going to see Eric Clapton and Roger Daltrey in Memphis on March 5. I've never seen Clapton in concert. My wife has seen his twice and said he's amazing. I'm just pumped. Is it March yet?

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"Clapton’s concerts with Beck actually take place between the opening dates of his own solo tour, so maybe, fingers crossed, Beck will join Clapton’s touring band full time. Throw in Daltrey’s involvement and that’s the makings of a pretty kick-ass supergroup. We’re just saying…"

Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck
February 18 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
February 21 – Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Center
February 22 – Montreal, QC @ Bell Center

Eric Clapton
Feb. 15 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Mellon Arena
Feb. 27 – Nashville, TN @ Sommett Center
Feb. 28 – Birmingham, AL @ Birmingham Jefferson
Mar. 2 – Tulsa, OK @ BOK
Mar. 3 – Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
Mar. 5 – Memphis, TN @ FedEx Forum
Mar. 6 – New Orleans, LA @ New Orleans Arena
Mar. 8 – Raleigh, NC @ RBC Center
Mar. 9 – Atlanta, GA @ Gwinnett Center
Mar. 11 – Ft. Lauderdale Bank Atlantic Center
Mar. 13 – Orlando, FL @ Amway Arena

Memphis?

You gotta stop by B.B. Kings Club too!

And what would a trip to Memphis be without a visit to Graceland!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
"Clapton’s concerts with Beck actually take place between the opening dates of his own solo tour, so maybe, fingers crossed, Beck will join Clapton’s touring band full time. Throw in Daltrey’s involvement and that’s the makings of a pretty kick-ass supergroup. We’re just saying…"

Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck
February 18 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
February 21 – Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Center
February 22 – Montreal, QC @ Bell Center

Eric Clapton
Feb. 15 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Mellon Arena
Feb. 27 – Nashville, TN @ Sommett Center
Feb. 28 – Birmingham, AL @ Birmingham Jefferson
Mar. 2 – Tulsa, OK @ BOK
Mar. 3 – Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
Mar. 5 – Memphis, TN @ FedEx Forum
Mar. 6 – New Orleans, LA @ New Orleans Arena
Mar. 8 – Raleigh, NC @ RBC Center
Mar. 9 – Atlanta, GA @ Gwinnett Center
Mar. 11 – Ft. Lauderdale Bank Atlantic Center
Mar. 13 – Orlando, FL @ Amway Arena

Memphis?

You gotta stop by B.B. Kings Club too!

And what would a trip to Memphis be without a visit to Graceland!
Oh yeah. We'll spend the weekend on Beale. I've driven by Graceland countless times, but I've never actually done the tour. It's only about a 2 hour drive from my house, but I live in Tupelo. he was born here. Actually, I've never been to his birthplace either. I may actually do both in a weekend this summer.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Clapton's been doing that for ages. That's why the Cream reunion was so sweet. Just bass, guitar & drums. Eric had to kick it up a couple notches.
Really?? I don't recall him starting it until right before the original Crossroads festival. I guess I had been more familiar with the names (Doyle Bramhall II, Derek Trucks...etc) lately.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Clapton's had a second guitarist in his bands since the md to late 70s. Wish I could have seen the Clapton/ George Harrison band, but they only did Japan- I think in the early 90s.

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
Have fun! I may have to hit up the Atlanta show.

Clapton's collaboration with Dwayne Allman, Derek and the Dominoes, is one of my favorite bands of all time. Nothing but straight jammin... for hours

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Saw Clapton and Mark Knofler in Denver several years ago. They came out for an encore and did Dire Straights "Money For Nothing" WOW!!! Best show I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
Seen Clapton several times...probably the best was in Dallas with SRV three shows before he died.....He is the best guitarist I have seen.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to see Eric Clapton and Roger Daltrey in Memphis on March 5. I've never seen Clapton in concert. My wife has seen his twice and said he's amazing. I'm just pumped. Is it March yet?
Your wife is right. He is incredible!! And Memphis ought to be a great place to see him.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Let us know how it is. I hope I can get around to see him before he is done playing. He doesn't come to Indiana a lot if ever though :(

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Clapton's awesome live. I'll go every time I get a chance, too bad he isn't coming to Utah.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Wonderful concert! I was in awe the whole time. Roger Daltrey opened up and sounded great. Much better than the Super Bowl halftime show. Clapton was awesome. It's hard to express in words just what it's like seeing/hearing him live. He makes it see so effortless. Anyway, if he's coming to your area and you have a chance to see him, do it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wonderful concert! I was in awe the whole time. Roger Daltrey opened up and sounded great. Much better than the Super Bowl halftime show. Clapton was awesome. It's hard to express in words just what it's like seeing/hearing him live. He makes it see so effortless. Anyway, if he's coming to your area and you have a chance to see him, do it.
If he comes to Indiana,Chicago, or Ohio I will definitely be seeing him.
How much were tickets?