What's new

Cleaning lady threw away the Spanish cedar

KLF

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm so annoyed by this...Today my wife had the cleaning lady come over and she threw away the Spanish cedar sheets I bought on ebay. It's impossible to find Spanish cedar locally in Israel so I bought them online and the shipping was pretty expensive. I had them in a cupboard which got "cleaned" and both of them thought it's just lumps of wood laying around...Grrr!!!!

Any of you had similar experiences , your stuff "cleaned" in a frenzy ?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't have stuff thrown away in the name of cleaning, but I have on several occasions had clothes and shoes thrown away because "( I ) wear them too much and they don't look good."

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Sorry to hear of your loss, Brother. A moment of silence is in order.

I think its the opposite problem at my house. My wife is a borderline hoarder. I am throwing stuff out all the time, without her knowledge, and she almost never notices. I tell her, if you haven't used it for a year or more, you don't need it.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I'm so annoyed by this...Today my wife had the cleaning lady come over and she threw away the Spanish cedar sheets I bought on ebay. It's impossible to find Spanish cedar locally in Israel so I bought them online and the shipping was pretty expensive. I had them in a cupboard which got "cleaned" and both of them thought it's just lumps of wood laying around...Grrr!!!!

Funny, I tried to start a conversation with you and the server wouldn't let me... you must be CIA.

Reactions: KLF

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I was looking at buying some cedar to line a cabinet humidor and it was not cheap, even with shipping to the US. That stinks that someone threw yours out.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Had cleaning ladies throw away a trash bin full of receipts. I know it looked like trash, but it was a designated trash bin where I toss my receipts of everything I purchase.

Another time they tore the top of a paper lamp shade right off, then just put it back on top hoping I wouldn't notice.

I am dreading the day I come home to find my car washed, my fine booze decanted, my office reorganized, or any of the other crap women do around the house that terrifies the living crap out of men everywhere.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Where in Israel? I'll be coming to Jerusalem in about 8 mos. and I can bring you some. OR... I have some coming via UPS and maybe I can just ship it if your need is more immediate? PM me if you're interested.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0

This is funny. I hate cleaning ladies. Like deep down I'm harboring repressed feelings from childhood abuse by my parent's cleaning woman. They drive me nuts. Every visit results in something missing or broken.

Two of my buddies and I use the same woman (she and her crew are like stupid hot). Anyway, they have a tendency to throw away the tops of my contact lens cases. Every time? Does the same to my buds. Why do they do this?

Anyway, so recently we spent a small fortune on an unfinished teak bedroom set. Unfinished means no protection from the cleaning woman. So I've banned them from our bedroom. My wife refused to tell them. So I did. Quite frankly I did.

Damn cleaning ladies. Damn them to heck.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry to hear of your loss, Brother. A moment of silence is in order.

I think its the opposite problem at my house. My wife is a borderline hoarder. I am throwing stuff out all the time, without her knowledge, and she almost never notices. I tell her, if you haven't used it for a year or more, you don't need it.
I did that too! She'd come home from garage sales with the crappiest looking ceramic junk and I'd have to live with it for a week or two until I could toss it w/o her noticing.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Throw away? Never.

Take for her own purposes? All the time. I'm out in my wife's studio right now and just from where I'm sitting she's got about 20 cigar boxes that I can see she's repurposed for her own needs.