What's new

Clover Brewing System

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Starbucks bought them out a few years ago. It's a really interesting coffee maker that is basically a hybrid of the Vacuum & French Press brewing methods. I've had a few cups from one that a local shop here in Columbus bought before Char-bucks bought them out (I think I paid $6 for a cup) & they were really good. You can control every variable under the sun (temperature to .01 degrees, steep time to the second, etc.) and you can really "dial in" the perfect way to brew a specific coffee to highlight & accentuate the positive attributes of it. Is it $11,000 good? Prolly not, but it's not intended for home use though either. Of course, running the burnt, stale, over roasted swill coffee that Starbucks has through it totally defeats the purpose to me too. Plus, one of the biggest variables in making good coffee (grind particle size) isn't addressed as you have to add pre-ground coffee to the machine (it doesn't have a grinder)! That's a deal breaker to me! :)

[video=youtube_share;ntbVGGMu_Ac]http://youtu.be/ntbVGGMu_Ac[/video]

Last edited:

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Those are some nice machines brother. And don't hold back, tell us how you really feel about Starbucks coffee.. haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I think Kev just had a javagasim....

That speester is awesome!
Haha. I have one every time I look at it! ;) It's basically art that also is one of (if not THE) best espresso machines that money can buy. Nothing else like it on the market. All hand made, I read somewhere that the group head alone takes about 100 man hours to make. It's just flawless and really unique.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Yeah I love the design of it, I would own one even if it didn't make the best. But the price tag is a bit high for me!

P.S. I will not be bombing you one of these!

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
They have a clover on Jax by my school. The brew method is good, but Starbucks still uses crappy coffee. They make their 'reserve' beans exclusively with clover, but they are still pretty poorly roasted. I had an Ethiopian Sidamo that was basically a French roast. Killed any of the desirable qualities from the bean.

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
I love this type of Starbucks and the iced is the same price as the regular, they will also make you a clover of any whole bean they have in the store I believe

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I enjoyed the two cups of clover brewed coffee I drank about 3 years ago, from a local coffee house StarCrooks later bought out.
They were more expensive--I think $1.50 more than normal--and for that reason and the fact I enjoy the pour over method and french press so much already I havn't revisited the process.
Give it a shot, especially if you can find a non starbucks bean to go with.