What's new

Clubs and mini's

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
not my bag.

but a smaller, regular cigar does well.

Partagas shorts, Punch petite coronas, etc...
then you have some inexpensive MMs, like Piedras, or some even cheaper, should you be concerned with pre-mature snuffing, it's not such a sin to snuff a cheapy MM.

Cohiba clubs are just not worth $1 each IMHO, and i'd assume those would be among the finest of offerings. I end up with tobacco bits in my mouth on each draw, and i hate that.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I really like smaller cigars like Shorts, Siglo I's, San Cristobol El Principe, and Trinidad Reyes. They are blended with more ligero so they have pretty good kick compared to their bigger siblings.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I've tried most of the clubs (Monte, Partagas, RyJ, Cohiba) and found they just didn't do it for me. They do have a small bit of the typical flavor profile from the brand ... but they are like reading a 2 page novel ... it's done before it had the chance to get interesting. If you're desparate for a 5-10 min cheapie smoke these might be worth a try.

I think there are better choices in the small format cigars than these. I find the best and most economical short smokes are pipes.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
tedski said:
I find the best and most economical short smokes are pipes.
This is a great point. He's exactly correct. Pack just a pinch into a pipe and you can smoke for 20 minutes if you'd like. Plus, when it's cold outside, the bowl serves as a great handwarmer. Excellent reminder for me to break out my Savinelli's.

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I enjoy the cohiba clubs. They are a good size and the right strength for me in the morning for the ride to work. The Partagas clubs are a close second and the Monte's I didn't like.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've only smoked a couple, RyJ clubs and Punch Minis (thanks Dave!). The RyJ was OK. The Punch was a very tasty little booger. I only get time to smoke a larger cigar late in the evening so I'm thinking of getting ahold of some of the Minis so I can squeeze in a quick smoke now and then during the day and early evening. They'd be great for a trip to town or the post office, lunch break etc..
I like 'em! :)

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ok, so I just tried these for the first time a few weeks ago. Normally I would take a regular stick any day but these DO serve a purpose for me. My girlie smokes cigarettes so when she wants to go outside and have a smoke it's pretty quick (5-10) min. I use these if I want to join her for the 5-10 min and keep her company etc. They do act as a good filler for this particular situation (at least in my individual case). So, for that....I like 'em.

The other time I've noticed that I smoke them if I'm just running down the street real quick. I used to just take my regular stick of whatever I was smoking with me and leave it outside for a the few min i was in the store but more and more I come out and it's on the ground or blown away (good ole New England weather) which just pisses me off. So these come in handy for that quick run to the store for 15 min etc. 2 or 3 of these will fit in just fine time wise.

I'd take a full stick over these any day but in these 2 specific situations they actually are pretty great.:smt025

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have some various Clubs but I've only smoked one. There is just something negative in me jumping out every time I look at one. I see and think... cigarette.

I was a three packs of cigs a day smoker (and loved it all the way!!) right up until they hit me with the paddles in June. I do fear getting sucked back in. I went from June till Sept smoking nothing and then researched cigars and talked with my cardioligist about it. I really want to stay in the three to four a week range.

I do like the Cohiba Pequenos / Partagas Pronto profile though. It's a shade bigger than a cig... shaped like a cigar, CHEAP and decent and they smoke well in more closed quarters that are at least cigarette friendly.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I really prefer the larger sticks, when I do go to a smaller smoke, it would be a Boli Pc, Party Short or El Principe. I can remember only one mini and I wasn't overly fond of it.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have several and they are ok! I too prefer the smaller vitolas right now such as the PC's. The clubs and mini's aren't at all as good as their big brothers, but they are great if you only have 15 or 20 minutes to enjoy something to smoke! So far I have preferred the Cohiba's, Punch's and the Monte's as far as the clubs and mini's go.