What's new

Coffee almost black

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I used to think people that drank coffee black were just strange. It turns out I ran out of coffee creamer last week and thought I'd try mine with just sugar. Turns out it's not bad. So I guess I'm one step closer to being strange myself. :pokemyeye

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I am wierd then. My breakfast cup includes 2% milk and sugar, however my afternoon and evening cups are always black. When the weather turns cold such as now I usually sip on several cups a day at work, they are all black.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I personally feel that drinking flavored coffee is like smoking flavored cigars.

Coffee is best enjoyed black.
:eyequiver :eyepoke: :waving:

Bawhahahahahah.... No you cant be serious. Coffee is what wakes you up in the morning. It comes in a cup. Some is really good and some is really bad. Adding various items assists in covering up the bad.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
:eyequiver :eyepoke: :waving:

Bawhahahahahah.... No you cant be serious. Coffee is what wakes you up in the morning. It comes in a cup. Some is really good and some is really bad. Adding various items assists in covering up the bad.
The solution there Chuck is to not drink bad coffee!

Life's too short to drink bad coffee. :awholelot

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
BTW you fellas should know I'm only talking about coffee and espresso when I say it should be drunk black.

Sugar and milk/cream are totally required in dozens of coffee drinks that I enjoy, including cappuccinos, lattes, machiatios, cafe au laits, etc.

But for a pure coffee expeirence, there's nothing like a BLACK coffee, an espresso, or an Americano. Those are my favorite coffee drinks, and all are taken black.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
One can certainly enjoy coffee black, especially the good stuff.

But

I have to agree that there are times when a man has to "doctor it up" in order to elevate some of the "Joe" encountered... at the office, visiting other people's homes, etc...

And

Man do I love me a good iced coffee with a dash of hazelnut creamer... to Duane's point, this would qualify as a delicious coffee beverage... not coffee.

I guess I am neutral on the subject. Just don't give me tea!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Great points here! Good coffee needs nothing. As I type this I am drinking some Anniversary blend from Starbucks to keep me edgy through my shift at work. I like this and the Christmas blend from S-bucks, and that's about it. I buy beans mainly from a local roaster who's wares are sold through Jungle Jims, for those that know the store.

To add a few things:

Buy a coffee grinder if you don't have one. Buy your beans whole and grind just prior to brewing. Results in a much better end product..

Buy a French Press as well. Use a very coarse grind. This makes the best possible coffee.

Damn I love coffee. Can't wait to get my hands on some real Cuban stuff this christmas while I'm in Florida...

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I like dark roast black only. A lot of my friends hate Starbucks (Charbucks), but I prefer their roast over Dunkin' Donuts.

I think it compliments cigars well.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
BTW you fellas should know I'm only talking about coffee and espresso when I say it should be drunk black.

Sugar and milk/cream are totally required in dozens of coffee drinks that I enjoy, including cappuccinos, lattes, machiatios, cafe au laits, etc.

But for a pure coffee expeirence, there's nothing like a BLACK coffee, an espresso, or an Americano. Those are my favorite coffee drinks, and all are taken black.
Then agreed fully.