What's new

Coffee Goodness Purchases

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Running and aeropress as well. Just picked up a Porlex JP-30 for a grinder as it fits inside the aeropress and also grinds right into the cylinder so no need for the bottom catcher on the grinder. Also broke down and got a pocket scale and a new smaller kettle.
Thats a nice little grinder there and a great idea for travel!

I use the Bodum as well.However, I do prefer the Aeropress over the French Press but, above those two methods, cold brewed coffee is unrivaled.

@dscl - are you ready to start roasting your own beans yet? Ultimate small batch coffee!
I've thought about it, but the cost of entry is a bit steep -- well at least how I would attack it. Probably in due time though

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I've thought about it, but the cost of entry is a bit steep -- well at least how I would attack it. Probably in due time though
Presto Hot Air Popcorn Popper - $14.88 at Walmart
Green coffee beans from u-roast-em.com run anywhere from $30-$40 for a 5 lb bag...

Maybe someone needs a little nudge? :D

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Presto Hot Air Popcorn Popper - $14.88 at Walmart
Green coffee beans from u-roast-em.com run anywhere from $30-$40 for a 5 lb bag...

Maybe someone needs a little nudge? :D
Damnit Rob! Do you have a tutorial on how roast this way? Now I'm interested ... Oh and here's a little something for your troubles ... a beer stein full of cigars! It hits on two of your slopes;) and yes it's available now...

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Damnit Rob! Do you have a tutorial on how roast this way? Now I'm interested ... Oh and here's a little something for your troubles ... a beer stein full of cigars! It hits on two of your slopes;) and yes it's available now...
Give me a few moments and I can write something up, sure.

You are about the fifth person to point that stein out to me LOL. And it's not just "full of cigars" it's full of LFD cigars; my number 2 preference after Fuente (although I am a Fuente whore, I do practice LFD promiscuity).

drbell15

SmallWaveDave
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I highly reccomended ordering a bag of Caffe Umbria. They roast their own beans and it's my favorite Seattle coffee. I prefer the dark roast. How's that grinder? I need a new one soon...

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Went to a local place to find some green beans to learn to roast. Started looking at sweet Maria's stock and low and behold... @mischman swooped in and needed to unload some. The sticks mysteriously appeared as some muscle to protect the young beans. Thanks brother!! I see they sell 1/4 lbs. Air valve bags. Perfect size for bombing!!! Who knows someone who loves coffee???

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk