What's new

Cohiba 1966 pix and short review

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Cohiba 1966

Well I broke down and spent the jack to try this cigar last night. Gotta say that I am impressed with how consistent the entire box of cigars looked and felt. The bunch in each of the feet were all about the same sans one stick that looked under filled. The cigar I chose had a dark streak of ligero in the middle of the bunch with what looked like alot of seco around it and a clockwise roll on the dark wrapper. It was a bit moist and smoking it on the porch here in 80% humidity mexico land didnt help much. Despite this the cigar burned fine, no runs, or tunneling....just a bit slow with a firm draw. Flavor was that of a strong rich earth taste with a bit of leather that turned into what most would know as the typical bean/grass type flavor that is Cohiba. What was not typical of this cigar or any Cohiba I have had for that matter was how strong this cigar was. Lots of nicotine in this. I got a bit dizzy and this just does not happen when I smoke cigars. Could have been the extra ring gauge or maybe that thick streak of Ligero. If you are a fan of Cohibas and can locate a stick or two I say go for it before you drop the coin on a whole box. Wasn't bad...just other sticks out there at this price point that are better imo.

On a box of the new 1/2 corona for size (thats one tiny box o cigars lol)

Next to the new 1/2 corona for size

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
The 66's are pretty good
This doesn't sound like the kind of endorsement you'd expect from a cigar of this particular pricepoint....but if anything, it's pretty consistent with what I've seen thus far.

No doubt, these will be around for at least a couple more years sitting on retailers shelves.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This doesn't sound like the kind of endorsement you'd expect from a cigar of this particular pricepoint....but if anything, it's pretty consistent with what I've seen thus far.

No doubt, these will be around for at least a couple more years sitting on retailers shelves.
You're right about that and I'm glad it was given to me. To be honest I thought the RA EL was a much better smoke.

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I'll take the Half Corona over the 1966 in a heartbeat. I have another 1966 sitting....and hope that it will be good, but I won't try to find out for a little while.