What's new

Cohiba Behike 52

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I would be remiss if I didn't mention this came from a Christmas exchange with a BOTL who said "The rest of the cigars are just keeping the guy in the "Red Tatuaje Tube company." The other cigars were all great so opening the Tube was the last thing I did and this guy is what came out.

I was speechless, a theme that will be revisited throughout this "review."

It really is beautiful and it has a heft that only adds to the mystique and the fact that you are just sort of stunned just by holding it.

For whatever it's worth, this brother sent me this stick WAY BEFORE CA's list came out. He is a brother who is generous, has great taste, and we enjoy the same cigars. We have been bombing, sharing, and box-splitting since we both got here.

The last line of his note is a testament to his generosity and willingness to share the share by stating, "It's the best I ever smoked and wanted to share it with you."

There is a reason I am posting pics and talking about the how I came into possession of it. I was totally unprepared for reviewing this cigar. While being new I have been lucky enough to smoke a lot of good cigars, including many CCs. My stash isn't deep but it is wide and while I have smoked Cohiba's before, nothing prepared me for what I am about to try and articulate.

I torched this sucker took a puff and was LITERALLY, blown away! I was bombarded, right out of the chute no less, with a richness of quality tobacco that I have yet to experience before. 10 puffs in that quality was joined by a richness, depth of flavor, and a full body I have not only never experienced before, I was left without a frame of reference! I might be able to if I took a cigar and added, say, math, but who wants math in a cigar review? Certainly not me!

It reminded me of an aged full-bodied CC, only on steroids. It managed to find that razor thin line between being a beast, but friendly and never harsh. It just kept building and building, until I couldn't think it could get any better, and it did.

As many brothers will attest, I am rarely speechless. I was on my heels, scrambling for flavors and adjectives but just came up empty. I was without speech.

Truth be told, this was the smoke I knew I would have on my birthday. The smoke I was thinking about smoking, an 80th annie maduro, I sent to my friend. The best thing I could have done was shut up, hold on, and enjoy the ride, and that is exactly what I did.

Yes, the quality of the tobacco made me swoon, it went from bold cedar to some nuttiness, and spice that was complex and beautiful. In the end, this cigar lived up to the hype and surpassed my expectations.

The best compliment I can give this cigar is that it probably requires, no, DEMANDS a poet who smokes to give this cigar its due. I feel like a kid with a slingshot sent to slay a dragon. Totally worth it! You know she's a lady-satan when she hands you your ass and you walk home wondering if you will ever see here again?

THAT'S A CIGAR! :yes:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I just read the review on this one in Cigar aficionado, they rated #1 on there list!
Thanks for sharing Jack! I guess the reviews were right on because with your poetics and there ecstatic revelation regarding this stick, you can almost imagine that this one ranks up there with your 1st orgasm?? IMO, Im just saying :dunno: but from what I've read you may even have to smoke a cigarette after an episode with this one!

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Nice review. I've put mine in deep sleep. Really found the 52 I smoked to be very underwhelming.

cubancigarman

CRA/NRA MEMBER
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It really is beautiful and it has a heft that only adds to the mystique and the fact that you are just sort of stunned just by holding it.
this comment is classic.. tell me that isn't funny taken out of context... I want to quote you and put this in my sig :applause: