What's new

Cohiba Esplendido?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Either you're pulling one over on is, or else someone was messing around at the B&M and thought it would be fun to let someone discover this there. Either way, there are shenanigans going on!

I said the "prank" thing because when someone asked you where you got it, your reply was "Where indeed..." then you said you paid $4 for it. That just kinda sounded like you were messing with us. Sorry for that assumption... I actually found it kinda funny when I thought that's what you were doing.

A 2006 Espy is probably worth $25-30, on top of which, these things are illegal to sell in the US, so for you to walk into a B&M here and find one for sale on the shelf... well, that's just extremely unlikely.

I'm no expert, but the box looks totally legit to me. My assumption is someone found an identical-sized cigar, put the band on it, put it in the box, and put it in the B&M's humidor as a joke for someone else to discover. When you went to buy it, they typed "Cohiba" in the POS system, and the NC version popped up at $4, so they sold it to you.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hahahah! I know that we can't get them in the states. That's what caught my eye. And being that one of them was in a discount bin made me more suspicious.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can't say for sure it's real or fake but for a B&M to sell one out of their own shop doesn't make much sense to me...to risk their license isn't very smart esp. when you went to pay for it and they went ahead and took the money.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Quick glance I say real. At least a real CC. Maybe a lounge member left it in their shop? Dunno but it's at least a real CC with a quick look from my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'd lean toward real but if I want to be a really picky ahole, the gap in the n and u are so small, almost not there and the C is a little thick. But in all honesty I think you need to smoke it and see. You'll know within 10 minutes if it's real or not. And if it's not real who cares. It was only $4 so it doesn't really matter.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I'd lean toward real but if I want to be a really picky ahole, the gap in the n and u are so small, almost not there and the C is a little thick. But in all honesty I think you need to smoke it and see. You'll know within 10 minutes if it's real or not. And if it's not real who cares. It was only $4 so it doesn't really matter.
That's what I'm thinking. It was $4....

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
...Maybe a lounge member left it in their shop? ...
this place have lockers? devil's advocate here: guy stiffs them on locker rental, maybe one too many times, the owner says "F#@K this guy! all his stash goes in the disco bin!"

unlikely? yup, but this whole scenario is unlikely. but it would be a heck of a story. o)

do let us know how that guy smokes!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good looking band, but if we are going to be picky, the yellow does not look quite right and there may be a fraction too much black above and below the white squares. Both of these could be due to picture quality, however.

Trout

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Very good looking band, but if we are going to be picky, the yellow does not look quite right and there may be a fraction too much black above and below the white squares. Both of these could be due to picture quality, however.

Trout
Now, THAT'S a fake! ^

(Kidding...)

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I think it's real too Justin! That guy's locker could have
very well been emptied out! Still not smart of the retailer
but hey, you never know!

Let us know how it smokes brotha!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
All I know is, I kinda want to start going to the local B&Ms and leaving real CCs in the humidor just knowing that folks are going to be mystified.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
LNJ, I love being mystified.....What's your local?

DJS, I think we've determined that we cannot definitively determine. Please smoke it and report back. Not much sense in saving it if paternity is questionable, IMHO.