What's new

Cohiba-opinions

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about the general consenus on Cohibas. I've had a couple of Siglos and liked the #II but did not like the #VI. I was looking to add a box of Cohibas to my stash and wasn't sure which one to get. I've got my share of petite coronas so the Siglo II is out. I'm looking at something bigger.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I have enjoyed every Cohiba I have ever smoked. Of those I have tired the Lancero, Robusto, and Siglo IV have been my favorites. The only thing that keeps me from buying Cohibas is the price. I feel they are pretty much worth the price but it is so hard to spend that much when there are so many less expensive offerings.

Because of the varnished SLB I am considering a box of Siglo IIIs to use as my annual smoke on my yet to be born son's birthdays and then give him an 18 year aged fiver after we smoke two together on his 18th birthday.

To sum it up...Cohibas are great, just expensive. If you are looking to buy for smoking now I would recommend the CoRo because it is a slightly shorter smoke for the winter months. Second I would say the Siglo IV more for indoor smoking or during the springtime. The Lanceros take so long to smoke to fully enjoy I would only get those if I was able to get away to an indoor smoking place or a couple hours a couple times per week.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
CoRo's. Easy decision. I really enjoy the Cohiba flavor though. If I could afford them I'd have a bunch of Cohibas and Trinidads (IMO they have a somewhat similiar taste...then again I've only had one Trinidad) in my humidor.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
just my opinion of course - Cohiba is the flagship Cuban brand for a reason.

The Siglo III might be good for you. If I could pick, it would be Robusto, Esplendido, Siglo VI, DC (not in that order).

why not find a sampler of several. Never trust anyones opinion but yours. then buy a box later

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jordon said:
just my opinion of course - Cohiba is the flagship Cuban brand for a reason.

The Siglo III might be good for you. If I could pick, it would be Robusto, Esplendido, Siglo VI, DC (not in that order).

why not find a sampler of several. Never trust anyones opinion but yours. then buy a box later
Sampler would be a good idea. I just priced boxes and the CoRo runs just under $400.00 delivered (thats U.S.) The problem with a sampler is you pay the same shipping at most sites so the cost per smoke ends up a little on the high side.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Bugs said:
Sampler would be a good idea. I just priced boxes and the CoRo runs just under $400.00 delivered (thats U.S.) The problem with a sampler is you pay the same shipping at most sites so the cost per smoke ends up a little on the high side.
A box is usually $300 delivered for me. Time for you to check around a 'lil more :eyepoke:

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I agree with most here that Cohibas can be very good but cost is a big factor. I've smoked most of the Siglo sizes and enjoyed them ... but I didn't like the CoRos as they had more power than I normally enjoy.

Of the ones you've smoked ... how old were they and what about them did you like and dislike?

You might also consider getting several boxes and splitting them up so you wind up with 10 cigars of 2 or 3 different sizes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eric_f said:
I'd be up for a Cohiba split as long as it's next month :grin:

~Eric
Thats funny!! I've seen your posts and you're sticking to your self imposed box a month rule. Too much self discipline for me!

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
For me, I agree with most of the other brothers......Cohibas are worth the money, it's just that there are so many more excellent cubans priced more reasonably. I do keep a box of CoRo's in the humi for aging and a few to smoke and love the Siglo IV's. :thumbsup:
If your budget allows it I would go for a box of CoRo's and some fivers of some of the others.