What's new

Cohiba Pyramides starting to show up

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anyone else a little miffed they're making these? One of the easiest ways to spot fakes when traveling abroad was by spotting a Cohiba belicoso in the seller's mix.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
And that's $345 for a box of 10 cigars. To me that's WAY too much for another Cohiba. If I spend a lot of coin for an expensive box, it needs to be something more unusual, like the Edmundo Dantes or La Escepcions. Just my 345 centavos.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Wow, 34.50 a stick for regular production cigars... the trend of expensive 10 count boxes is rediculous!?!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Yup...this is a no-brainer pass.

Gimmie a box and a half (almost) of the proven Siglo IVs instead of 10 of these.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'm glad for those who've been waiting for these. I'd like to try it, of course, but as far as a box at those prices ... Pass.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I like the glass-top box they come in :p
Not certain if this is meant to imply that my vendor is pushing counterfeits but there is a 2012 release of Cohiba Piramides Extra.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/16386

Vendor is a members only site that many in the online cigar community use. Beyond repute, IMO.
Definitely not, I was going with the comments above about the pyramid shape and "to compete with manufacturers of fakes".

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
ehh, price is really all relative to the individual buying them. i do not like when cigars get bashed because they are X amount of dollars. i am going to pick up a box and try one. worst comes to worse if I do not like the cigar, I am sure there are plenty of BOTL's that would be very appreciative of the cigar in a birthday bomb or something.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
ehh, price is really all relative to the individual buying them. i do not like when cigars get bashed because they are X amount of dollars. i am going to pick up a box and try one. worst comes to worse if I do not like the cigar, I am sure there are plenty of BOTL's that would be very appreciative of the cigar in a birthday bomb or something.
Disagree - price "sensitivity" is relative to the individual. Price is relative to comparable quality and smoking experience with the other offerings by Habanos SA. The latter part of which most folks are getting at. You can get more for way less. A full box of CoRos as one of many examples. They're taking advantage of the Behike pricing I think, and even those have come down a bit ($285 for 52s IIRC). Throw on a fancy band, put it in a shiny 10 count box w/ the Cohiba name...and people will come. Hopefully they don't, and this jacked up pricing isn't further encouraged. Is there anything special with this blend even (Behike has the Medio Tiempo at least), or is the vitola the only differentiating factor to the regular Cohiba line-up.

Agree - you won't find a single person that wouldn't be happy to receive a $35 smoke for free ;).

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
If that is from a trusted vendor please shoot me a pm, I don't mind the price, have to try??

Last edited:

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I don't know Ben I got a box a year or so ago, source are hard to get bro. :)

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I don't know Ben I got a box a year or so ago, source are hard to get bro. :)
Wow that is very interesting, I was just talking with some people and the boxes for these was made this year they say.

Pretty cool if you have a box with these before the rest was made and got the cigars in it to.

Last edited:

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yep pretty strange all right. :) Not into proving nor do I care but I gave one to Josh when he was here last week he posted about it on P

Last edited: