What's new

Cohiba Reserva, does this cigar look saveable?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
A cigar shop can get in just as much trouble selling fake Cubans as real ones. I think it's incredibly odd that a shop would even sell this to someone ... and the fact that it was out of someone's locker ... what? So they're just taking sticks out of people's lockers now? This shop seems really suspect to me.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I've never had a locker at a B&M, but I imagine it's similar to a storage facility. When somebody doesn't pay the rent, they can sell the contents to recoup cost. I'm guessing a careless employee probably didn't really look at the contents of the locker before placing them for sale.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im with the crowd here, for $5 you are likely to at least get a smokeable canonazo. If you had this cigar and smoked it, you would know right away if it were the famous Cohiba Reserva. This was a stunning cigar that could not have been mistakenly added to a budget bin.

Enjoy your cigar,
Cheers
Drew P

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
For $5.00 I would have done the same thing. Store it carefully and let the cigar rebound. I would probably keep it away from my other sticks. There is rarely a free lunch but who knows. ENjoy it.

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm not near my stash but damn that wrapper looks rough....not the kind of wrapper I'd expect to adorn a Cohiba Reserva. The bands aren't necessarily indicative of authenticity either. Like the others have said, you paid $5 so let us know whether it was worth it.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
which brings me back to the point that this shop clerk has no business being around cigars... based on the aforementioned I'm supprised you didn't find a toothbrush and a hotdog in with the $5 cigars...
Riiight, cuz this would be the 1st time a shop owner and/or clerk workin in the shop that didn't have a clue...

I haven't been in a ton of B&M's, but I've been in enough to see that more than 50% have been absolute idiots.

"that's not mold, that's PLUME!".

^ heard that a couple times, and that's my cue to exit the building.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
What shop on Long Island was that? If you don't want to come out and say publicly maybe you can pm me. I'm curious. I haven't been to all of the shops that's for sure, but I've never seen that.

CBC

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the nice pic. Triage is iffy. I've got the solution...cut the cap and toast the stick...post a review!

Big clouds and long ashes!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha, I am letting it sit for a bit so it can recover. I checked it out today and it is is adjusting nicely. I promise I will post when I smoke it and let you all know. Thanks for the interest.