What's new

Cohiba Sublime

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
TheCohiba Sublime,

Smoked on thursday night at a poker herf.

First, this is a huge cigar with a wopping 54 ring guage. Any of you habano smokers will no how huge that is for an ISOM. It is one of the nicest looking habano's I've seen in a long time, with a beautifull dark and oily wrapper.
After clipping the end I took an effortless pre-light draw, that gave a fruity flavor and a wonderfull aroma of barnyard animals mixed with the smell of flowers. LOL. The first few puffs fool you into thinking you know whats to come, with a creamy, mellow, vanilla flavor, but not so. After only a few sweet draws on this enormous cigar, and it completely changed, building in intensity and flavor. Very strong and spicy with a rich cocoa flavor. The extra years of aging on this tobbaco has mellowed it a little, yet not tamed it. It continued to build in flavor and body throughout while maintaining the flavors of spice and cocoa with an addition of cedar and coffee after the halfway point. The last third was especially good, it released huge plumes of thick grey smoke. The ash hung on like a champ! I think I only had to flick it twice for fear it would land on my shirt. I left this cigar with about an inch to go, and it left me shaking a little with a nicotine buzz. :grinFU: or it could of been the 5 or 6 beers I enjoyed at the poker game...LOL.

I find this to be a true mans cigar that frankly....kicked my a$$. With the intensity of the aroma, great taste and the exceptional complexity, I will say beyond any doubt that this cigar is worthy of it's price tag. I shall put the rest away to age for at least another year. I believe this cigar is destined to become on of the great's.

I'm gald I have more. LOL

Sean9689

Mr. Papagiorgio
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Smoked one last week, it was definetly sick. I'm waiting another year before I smoke the first from my box.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sean9689 said:
Smoked one last week, it was definetly sick. I'm waiting another year before I smoke the first from my box.
Maybe the roller wasn't a virgin after all. Perhaps some penicillin is in order?

I've been able to avoid the temptation so far, but I only have a 5er. Its the age old EL dilema. I don't want to order a box until I try one but I don't want to try one when they are this young.

Mike

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TheCohiba Sublime,

Smoked on thursday night at a poker herf.

First, this is a huge cigar with a wopping 54 ring guage. Any of you habano smokers will no how huge that is for an ISOM. It is one of the nicest looking habano's I've seen in a long time, with a beautifull dark and oily wrapper.
After clipping the end I took an effortless pre-light draw, that gave a fruity flavor and a wonderfull aroma of barnyard animals mixed with the smell of flowers. LOL. The first few puffs fool you into thinking you know whats to come, with a creamy, mellow, vanilla flavor, but not so. After only a few sweet draws on this enormous cigar, and it completely changed, building in intensity and flavor. Very strong and spicy with a rich cocoa flavor. The extra years of aging on this tobbaco has mellowed it a little, yet not tamed it. It continued to build in flavor and body throughout while maintaining the flavors of spice and cocoa with an addition of cedar and coffee after the halfway point. The last third was especially good, it released huge plumes of thick grey smoke. The ash hung on like a champ! I think I only had to flick it twice for fear it would land on my shirt. I left this cigar with about an inch to go, and it left me shaking a little with a nicotine buzz. :grinFU: or it could of been the 5 or 6 beers I enjoyed at the poker game...LOL.

I find this to be a true mans cigar that frankly....kicked my a$$. With the intensity of the aroma, great taste and the exceptional complexity, I will say beyond any doubt that this cigar is worthy of it's price tag. I shall put the rest away to age for at least another year. I believe this cigar is destined to become on of the great's.

I'm gald I have more. LOL
Thanks for the great review -

I have a box from December, 04 but have resisted the temptation so far to try them.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
They are smoking fantastic right now! I had one a couple months ago and it was phenomenal. Too bad they're like $1,000 a box now! Definitely one of the better cigars to come out in a long time.

TYLER

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Good luck on getting one right now, mate. They'll be though to find, and expensive once ye do.