What's new

Cold remedies

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
hot toddy is the answer..

if nothing else.. a couple of them right before bedtime will help you sleep at night..

rest and time are really the only solutions I have found to a cold..

mucinex and alka-seltser cold both work pretty well during daytime hours and help me breathe, break up congestion, etc.. but dont really seem to kill the cold in any way..

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I am also a huge fan of the hot toddy.....
Never tried it the OG way with just hot water and really smoky scotch....I usually make them with earl grey tea(don't laugh) and honey and lemon juice....oh yea and lots of bourbon...not traditional at all but it is the way my ex girlfriend use to make them for me

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Steam Inhalation Therapy -

Pour hot water into a bowl and 3+ drops of the essential oil*, place your head about 12 inches (30 cm) above the bowl and cover your head with a towel in such a way that the sides are totally closed and you in actual fact form a tent over the bowl.
Keep your eyes shut and breathe deeply through your nose for 1 to 2 minutes.
If you feel that the treatment is getting too much for you, raise the towel so that fresh air is brought into the area and breathe through your mouth a couple of times and then resume the treatment. Should you at any time feel uncomfortable discontinue the treatment.

*You could use a single oil, or you can combine oils - it all depends on personal preference, and what works for your particular problem.
Colds/
Bay
Clove
Ginger
Myrrh
Orange
Rosemary
Tea tree:thumbsup:

Coughing/
Benzoin
Cardamom
Cedarwood
Frankincense
Rosemary
Cypress
Sinus
Basil
Rosemary
Tea tree:thumbsup:
Eucalyptus
Marjoram

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
^ As I recall that's how the Aussies enjoy their cocaine...well according to crocodile dundee anyhow! :rofl: