What's new

Cold Weather Gloves for Cigars?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
For those of you that smoke your cigars outside, what gloves do you use? I work in the cold, but those gloves won't work for cigar smoking.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
My personal philosophy (because I'm a wimp when it comes to such matters) is that if it's too cold to smoke with bare hands, it's too cold to smoke.

However, with my photography I don't always have the luxury of saying "too damned cold". So for those occasions, I use hunting mitts. I can fold the top back when I need to use my camera and fold it back when I don't.

These are not the pair I have but they are similar:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zip over to a sporting goods store or an archery store. I have a pair intended for bow hunting (feel is important) that are second to none when it comes to cigar smoking in the cold. But they aren't going to be a great help in the really cold stuff. Then the best bet are those mitts you can pop the tops off to expose the ends of your fingers.

*EDIT* as seen in Robs post. :)

Good luck!

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
If you're going fingertipless, it might be a good idea to buy some smartwool (or other, but smartwool is best in my opinion) glove liners.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
14 BELOW here today. Too cold for me to be smoking. I use Hatch insulated neoprene gloves for my winter smoking. I did have to switch to a lighter with a button on the side rather than the top after burning a hole through the thumb though....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use regular cotton gloves with an insulating layer. They're kind of fuzzy, so I have take care not to burn them...

For all high precision operations such as clipping and lighting I have to take them off, but since that doesn't last more than a couple of seconds, it's no big deal.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am also hunting for some gloves and glad you made a thread about it. I just haven't found anything where I feel a secure grip on the stick... I also smoke smaller cigars so there's not much room for padding on the gloves without it getting too close to the end.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some fingerless that work ok, but there's a point at which it's too cold for those too.