What's new

COLD!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
we're getting our first "cold snap" of the season this week... it was in the high 50's just a couple of days ago... but has dropped to a high of 43 today.. with the low getting into the high 20's...

tomorrow the high is supposed to be 27 and the low is going to be around 9...

it actually came pretty late this year.. we normally get weather in the mid 30's by mid December.. I really cant complain... its been a pretty mild winter so far..

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
This morning it was plus 4°C tonight it is going down to -22°C with a windchill of -37°C. Now in american (lol) thoes temperaturs are 39.2°F, -7.6°F, and -34.6°F. What a temperature change in less then 24 hours. I guess winter just hit. :(
Paul, Paul. As a true canadian, you shouldn't be worried when the temperature is anything above 233 Kelvins. ROFL

I'm lucky I have all this dog fur to keep me warm, because Montreal is showing -20s all around too, and it sucks. Makes smoking outside a rather hard sport.
For the records, it was above melting point at christmas, so the colder-than-my-freezer temps are a surprise here too. I have incoming cigars, guess I'll skip the "put in the freezer" phase altogether. Or not, it'll slowly increase the temperature!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Paul, Paul. As a true canadian, you shouldn't be worried when the temperature is anything above 233 Kelvins. ROFL

I'm lucky I have all this dog fur to keep me warm, because Montreal is showing -20s all around too, and it sucks. Makes smoking outside a rather hard sport.
For the records, it was above melting point at christmas, so the colder-than-my-freezer temps are a surprise here too. I have incoming cigars, guess I'll skip the "put in the freezer" phase altogether. Or not, it'll slowly increase the temperature!
It is not the cold so much as how fast the temp dropped. From +4 to -19 in less then 12 hours. To top it all off the furnace quit and i had to scramble to get it running again. Luckily it was just air locked and bleeding the oil line had it up and running again. For a bit i was very worried though.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I agree. One evening I was out in t-shirt, the next morning your spit would freeze before hitting the ground.

I was getting used to this snowless holiday season!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not the cold so much as how fast the temp dropped. From +4 to -19 in less then 12 hours. To top it all off the furnace quit and i had to scramble to get it running again. Luckily it was just air locked and bleeding the oil line had it up and running again. For a bit i was very worried though.
I feel your pain. A couple of nights ago the temperature was predicted to drop to 13 degrees for a night time low. Around 6 p.m. The power went out. And i started coming up with escape plans if we were dark past 9 PM.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel your pain. A couple of nights ago the temperature was predicted to drop to 13 degrees for a night time low. Around 6 p.m. The power went out. And i started coming up with escape plans if we were dark past 9 PM.
That sucks, we had a wood stove as a kid and i miss it very much, not the chopping of the wood though but atleast you always had heat

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
That sucks, we had a wood stove as a kid and i miss it very much, not the chopping of the wood though but atleast you always had heat
We had a nationwide hydro failure when I was maybe 10 and sheltered at the neighbor's because they had a wood stove. Best maple toast breakfast I ever had.
I need to start planning "plan B" for my new house...