What's new

Colibri Firebird Lighter = Garbage

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I bought a Colibri Firebird lighter. This thing is a piece of junk. It sparks, but doesn't light. I tried decreasing/increasing the flame output, bleeding the butane out of it, refilling it and it still doesn't work. I guess I have to send it back to those punks along with 7.50 to get it fixed I just got it the other day from cheaphumidors.com. I just ordered a Xikar from cigarsinternational.com

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The Xikar should serve you well. What kind did you order?

I have an old Colibri, the best use I have found for it has been to steal the adjustment wheel from it to use on my Xikar. The one on the Xikar fell off at some point and the wheel from the Colibri has served me well. I may have lit 1 cigar with the Colibri before it crapped out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be beating the curve I have a colibri that I got 6 1/2 years ago on clearance from by brick & mortar and it has worked flawlessly ever since. Has their quality dropped in the last several years? I thought they used to be the go to source for good cigar lighters.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I had a Colibri Firebird that worked for about a day. Garbage is a correct description. Too many other great lighters out there to buy one of these.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMO, Colibris suck. Period. However, the Firebird seems to work OK, as long as you know the secret: Press the ignitor SLOWLY so that the gas starts to escape before you hit the point where the spark is initiated. If that doesn't work, throw the piece of crap away and go buy a decent lighter. :smokingco

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I know there are seveal guys here who swear by thier Colibris. I have heard on another board though, that the quality has gone down and they basicly suck now. My $5 ronson I bought at a drug store is perfect.