What's new

Colibri Table lighter question

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
ok so I am on an acessory kick right now, and I bought a Colibri Table lighter and a Colibri Ashtray from a lady on craigslist. $20 for the set. She said the lighter only needs fuel, but we'll see how truthful she was with that info once I receive it. If it needs to be fixed or repaired, can a colibri dealer handle that? I would not expect it o be done for free since I am not the original owner, but can they fix anything.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Don't know about the fix, but I've seen lots of lighters that just had bad fuel in them. If it will not light you might first try running it out of fuel and refilling with fresh fuel.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Bleed the lighter completely before you do anything. If there's bad fuel in there, you don't want it running through the jets. So push down on the refiller guy on the bottom until there is absolutely no sound at all. If it's been filled up ever, there will be too much air in the fuel tank. Bleeding also helps this.
Whatever you do, you don't want to just hold down the button and let all of the bad gases and air pass through the jets.

TYLER

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Sad but true. And then you end up with a Colibri, which means it is likely to break within a few months.
The lady said it was her ex-husband's and she has had it for 15 years or so. I hope that is before Colibri's quality went to crap.