What's new

Collections?

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Just curious if anyone out there still has physical media?

I’ve got a pretty solid handful of Blu-Rays and I know most people have gotten away from them.
I miss my collection, before cigars there was music. I had 3,000 physical cd's and ripped them all to my hard drive. I still have the disc's, but I got rid of the cases, (kept the CD art though) and put them in those folder things, which holds about 120-150 a piece (can't remember the exact #). But I miss being able to look at them.

Same with my dvds have a fuck ton, and ripped them all to my HD which I never watch now due to Netflix, time and my firestick.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I miss my collection, before cigars there was music. I had 3,000 physical cd's and ripped them all to my hard drive. I still have the disc's, but I got rid of the cases, (kept the CD art though) and put them in those folder things, which holds about 120-150 a piece (can't remember the exact #). But I miss being able to look at them.

Same with my dvds have a fuck ton, and ripped them all to my HD which I never watch now due to Netflix, time and my firestick.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I’ve had large CD / DVD collections in the past but you’re right, streaming has made a lot of it obsolete.

I try not to collect cigars though; I prefer to smoke them, LOL!

When it comes to movies that I really want, I still prefer to posses the physical copy. I guess I'm just old school like that.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I’ve got about 75-100 Blu Rays of movies that I REALLY like. I prefer having a hard copy myself.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Have a huge collection of DVD's and CD's but like others, I moved them to my HD and never looked back. Now I rarely even use the movies I have on file and just stream movies using pubfilm.com, afdah.tv or some other streaming sites.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have probably upwards of 1000 DVDs, Blu-rays, and HD-DVDs. Started collecting DVD in 1998 when a player I could "afford" at only $400 came out, bought Blu-ray and HD-DVD similarly early and tons of disc's for the latter when the format folded and they were being sold for cheap. I moved in to my current house two years ago and all the media are still in boxes in the basement. I don't have much desire to bother with them anymore with streaming devices and smart tvs and such. The players are in boxes too, I have an Xbox one hooked up to the main TV which is used to play discs the occasional time we have one.

For CDs I still get a lot of physical discs as I buy them from Amazon primarily and they usually come with a license for the full MP3 album too. Sometimes it's even cheaper to get the physical CD and the included MP3 download than just purchasing the MP3 album. Not sure how that works out for them but it happens occasionally. However as with the movie discs the CDs are never used, most are still in the shrink wrap as I listen to the music through Amazon music on my pc at work or phone app.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Sometimes it's even cheaper to get the physical CD and the included MP3 download than just purchasing the MP3 album. Not sure how that works out for them but it happens occasionally.
It’s because they want you to shift to digital. If they get you going digital, it’s a quick and natural step to just accessing your digital library through their app, and ultimately that’s what they really want.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have about 300 LP's, 150 Cassettes, 900 CDs, maybe 50 Laser Discs, a couple hundred DVDs including about 50 BR. So, yeah I still like the physical copy.......but......I like having the digital copies of movies. It is nice to be able to access a movie anyplace.
I might even have some 8 tracks around here somewhere.
Some of the CD's I have are from when they first came out and I imported them from Canada and the UK.
I would have more but after right before things started going digital I had a practice of culling my CD collection. I find myself by a digital copies of stuff I traded to CD trading places back in the day.
I own alot of concert and music DVDs. Those make up about a third of my movie disc collection.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I’ve been slowly working on building my digital library as well - I like the accessibility but I doubt they’d replace the disc. I just recently moved over to music on a SD card in my vehicles from using CDs primarily, LOL!

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Reviving this in hopes there’s a brother out there with a large Blu ray collection, LOL!
Large is subjective, but I'd say about 500 DVD, and maybe 200 Blu Ray.

Never really went the digital route with movies.
Had probably 1000 CDs, and made the effort to go digital with music; Never liked the result. So now I almost never listen to music anymore, except radio in the truck and occasionally YouTube at the computer. Wife is happy with the results and listens all the time, but it just killed it for me.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Large is subjective, but I'd say about 500 DVD, and maybe 200 Blu Ray.

Never really went the digital route with movies.
Had probably 1000 CDs, and made the effort to go digital with music; Never liked the result. So now I almost never listen to music anymore, except radio in the truck and occasionally YouTube at the computer. Wife is happy with the results and listens all the time, but it just killed it for me.
I really like the accessibility that digital music provides, but YouTube has so many damn commercials nowadays that it's near impossible to watch and enjoy. Spotify is pretty slick, the GF has subscription to that and they have just about everything you could imagine.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I've got tons of DVDs and CDs mostly. With access to movies and music so easily through the phone or even Xfinity, we rarely bust them out.
I really would love to build up an LP collection though, unfortunately, my step father has been selling all his great collection off. Love the sound that comes from an LP!