coming soon from Humidipak

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Ron,

Nice holders!

The pack itself can be used to test a hygrometer instead of that nasty salt test, right?

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
RonC said:
yup, the Bovedas are the best method available for calibrating hygrometers.
This is absolutely true. I recently picked up a Western Caliber III, digital hygrometer. I wanted to try a salt test and see how accurate it was, even though the manufacturer says not to do so. My old analog model read a perfect 75%, but the digital fluctuated between 69% and 70%. I figured I had a bad unit, but thought I would try a Humidi-Pak calibration kit before judging the Western. Amazingly, both hygrometers read a perfect 75% with the kit. I had a couple of 69% Pak's sitting around and tried those as well. Same results - a perfect 69% on both hygrometers.

I can only assume after trying this that the salt test is not quite as accurate as I once thought, and that there must be some humidity variables with the water/salt mix. I am sold on the accuracy of these packs now and also the bead solution.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
the Bovedas and Humidipaks are a salt/water solution. They are just mixed in the correct proportion.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Now I would like to put in a plug for the Avallo Accumonitor. The Accumonitor is the only electronic humidification system that uses the Boveda for calibration. At home, you can use a Boveda to check the Accumonitors accuracy, and actually recalibrate your Avallo so that your humidity readings are perfect. The Boveda saved us about $15,000 because we did not have to buy a so called professional calibration chamber, and the bottom line is the Boveda gives better results. For $4, you can do at home what a calibration service would charge $100. we trust the BOveda 100% in calibrating our electronics.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
That's a pretty nifty holder. I've been using a Boveda pack in my desktop for a little while now. It doesn't seal too well and I've always had a hard time keeping the RH correct. With the BP it's spot on every time I check it.
What's the life expectancy of the Boveda packs?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
in a good quality desktop, they figure about 6 months. In a cabinet with electronic humidification, I would say at least a year.