What's new

Compressor model wine cooler question

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
to top that, you would have to make a walk in out of a panic room
hmmmm... you might be onto something there....

Ive got a "storage" space thats about 15'x4'x6' off of my wifes closet that I had thought about hanging a security door on and reinforcing the walls (honestly, a whole lot cheaper and easier than it sounds) and making a "panic room" out of it....

no reason I couldnt line the inside with spanish cedar.. throw a couple of active humidification units in there.. and call it a walk in.....

hmmmmm........

:)
So that I understand u r building a walk in Humi Is that right Dave ....mmmmmmm

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
to top that, you would have to make a walk in out of a panic room
hmmmm... you might be onto something there....

Ive got a "storage" space thats about 15'x4'x6' off of my wifes closet that I had thought about hanging a security door on and reinforcing the walls (honestly, a whole lot cheaper and easier than it sounds) and making a "panic room" out of it....

no reason I couldnt line the inside with spanish cedar.. throw a couple of active humidification units in there.. and call it a walk in.....

hmmmmm........

:)
So that I understand u r building a walk in Humi Is that right Dave ....mmmmmmm
I like where this is going

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
no....

I am PLANNING a walk in humi... it will likely take me a minimum of 1 year to convince the wife to let me do it.. then another year or so to complete it... (Im a procrastinator.. and am very, very lazy...)....

I will not be available for mass bombings until sometime late in 2016....

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
says the man that already has a walk in....

and the last pictures provided showed it to be very.. very.. empty...

hmmmmm......

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
so.. about that offer to pay you the $100 plus shipping to TN..... we still good????? :grin:
Haha nice one. I couldn't believe it when I looked behind the unit. I didn't mention the fact he was wrong since I talked him down because "it wasn't exactly what I was looking for". I got it home and inspected it further. The right exterior panel was loose at the top. The bolts that held the top to the side had broken through the inside of the panel. I used some muscle and squared it back up and installed my own screws into new pilot holes. Before this the top door wouldn't line up to lock, but now is back to square and locks. The units arent affected by the panel. It took a good bit of cleaning but turned out alot better than I had expected. I need to go find a wood paint pen for some touching up on a couple places though. I plugged it in and everything seems to be on the up and up. The tags were still on the drawers on the bottom 2 sections so they may have never been used. The seals on this unit are sweet. You get about 1/2" away from closing and they almost seem to suck themselves shut, then take a good tug to open. Reminiscent of a standard refrigerator and alot better than the newair was. I left it plugged in over night in the garage and checked it this morning. Here in Indy we had snow this morning after 78 this weekend, what the hell. Anyway I felt inside each unit and it seemed to be warm. I need to find my old digitals and order some new ones anyway. So far so good, fingers crossed.

I'm thinking of doing cc's in the top, singles in the middle and nc boxes on bottom. Ordered 1# of heartfelt beads last night as well. Total cubic footage was around 5.1 so I'm hoping that 1# will suffice since it's just a bit over the recommended 5 cu.ft.

Drawers will be the next obstacle. Forrest did my old ones but with this having a different style channel for the drawers I may try to use the existing frame of the wine bottle drawer and tie cedar shelves into that somehow. Still trying to plan that out.

Good call on this. I was eyeing this on craigslist. Avoided it as it said compressor vs. Thermoelectric.