What's new

Concealment Holster Recommendations

Mr.Erskine

I am the Walrus
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, I've been looking some time to get my CC permit, and since my wife and I left the "Gun Safe Zone" of Maryland to a state with more relaxed rules, I am going to get my CC permit. In order to do the required training and test, I naturally have to have all the required elements.

I have seen a couple ads online for concealment holsters, and I looked at a couple at the great satan (Walmart), but I think that I would rather get some ideas from real people--not made up customer reviews--on good concealment holsters.

Some things that I would be looking for:

1. Naturally, something comfortable, but not expensive
2. Something that is going to be fairly durable, but not expensive
3. My carry weapon will be a Glock 23. I understand that it's a bit chunky for a CC weapon, but I chose it because I like they way it fits me and the way it fires--I may carry my wife's Ruger LC-9 in a pinch, sometimes, though.

There are a couple places around, that are NOT the great satan, that I can check out recommendations. I am just trying to get some good ideas from actual people and not just someone trying to sell me a product.

Thanks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like aliengear..... they are VERY comfortable, and there is IWB and OWB options. Made from leather, very well constructed. Price is below the industry average.. DRAWBACK- it's a small time operation and each one is hand made... so you will wait several weeks for them to be delivered.

http://aliengearholsters.com/

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Alien Gear is the best bang for the buck for IWB carry right now. Just make sure you order it ahead of time, as they run about 6 weeks from order to delivery, due to demand.

http://aliengearholsters.com/holsters/alien-gear-products.html

I STRONGLY suggest you get a gunbelt to hold that chunky gun up so that you aren't constantly having to adjust the gun and give away the fact that you are carrying.

I don't have one of these, but I've heard nothing but good things about their belts.

https://www.daltechforce.com/gun-belts

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
On a side note, don't go cheap just for the sake of saving a few bucks. The holster is a VERY important aspect of safe, responsible, and effective concealed carry.
I'll echo this sentiment and recommend Crossbreed. Excellent holster. I own a crossbreed super tuck for my M&P 9c, and a whitehat for my XDS .45. The crossbreed is far more comfortable,probably due to the fact that the white hat is combat cut, exposing more of the gun's grip to your skin. YMMV, as I'm a thin, wispy 155 lb frame.
Whatever you choose, don't go cheap. If it's uncomfortable, you'll end up not wearing it as much. Holster are as much, if not more important than the firearm you choose to carry.
A good gun belt is extremely important also. Don't skimp on this either.
There are others here far more versed in this subject than I, maybe they' ll chime in....

Last edited:

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'll echo this sentiment and recommend Crossbreed. Excellent holster. I own a crossbreed super tuck for my M&P 9c, and a whitehat for my XDS .45. The crossbreed is far more comfortable,probably due to the fact that the white hat is combat cut, exposing more of the gun's grip to your skin. YMMV, as I'm a thin, whisky 155 lb frame.
Whatever you choose, don't go cheap. If it's uncomfortable, you'll end up not wearing it as much. Holster are as more, if not more important than the firearm you choose to carry.
A good gun belt is extremely important also. Don't skimp on this either.
There are others here far more versed in this subject than I, maybe they' ll chime in....
+1 on the crossbreed.

Mr.Erskine

I am the Walrus
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you for all of your insight. This is great information, and I definitely want to make sure I do this right--especially since this is a new level of responsibility.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I just ordered a Milt Sparks VM2 holster. They offer nice leather gun belts as well. Not the cheapest but reviews are top notch for them, though I can't say for certain since I don't have any personal experience with them ... yet. They're currently saying about 10-12 weeks out for delivery.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a shoulder holster for cooler weather when I wear an undershirt. I actually prefer it, my full sized .45 tends to constantly pull down on my waistband or my pants/shorts and gets annoying.

Mr.Erskine

I am the Walrus
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I also have a shoulder holster for cooler weather when I wear an undershirt. I actually prefer it, my full sized .45 tends to constantly pull down on my waistband or my pants/shorts and gets annoying.
I could see wearing a shoulder holster--I would just be wary of the added bulk--but then I don't wear tight clothes and jackets, anyway

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Alien gear for my M&P Shield. So far no complaints. I liked these points before I bought.
Price,
that they will switch out the shell for any other firearm you own. Just send back the hard plastic shell and request the next gun model/size
Lifetime warranty
30 day no questions asked test drive.
Btw their shipping is only 7-10 days now. Not 4 -6 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
pricey, but IMHO the finest leather made...

www.kramerleather.com

Ive got 3x kramer horsehide straight drop mid ride OWB holsters (for glocks and 1911)... bar none the best holsters Ive ever owned (been carrying a weapon both personally and professionally daily for more than 25 years... Ive tried out a lot of holsters.. and will go to my grave likely never trying anything else... they really are that good...)..

The holster for my G19 has literally been all over the globe.. been sweated completely through several times, been exposed to salt water, extreme heat, extreme cold, etc..etc.. and looks as good today as the day I got it over 10 years ago... all stitches still intact, no noticeable scratches in the leather (Horsehide is tough as hell).. hasnt stretched or become loose... a PERFECT holster..

Kramer horsehide gunbelts are equally good... I love them equally as much (own a black on and a brown one)..

Although I have to admit.. I bought a gunbelt from Bullhide Belts a few months back just to give it a try... (wanted something a little less "formal" to wear with jeans, etc.. the kramers are "dress belts" that wear well with suits.. but are a little too nice for kicking around in bermuda shorts or jeans, etc..)

Havent had it long enough to know for certain how long its going to last or hold up.. but so far, its done great.. looks good.. hasnt marred or stretched.. rigid enough to hold up a heavy, full size pistol and other gear easily.. but supple enough that its not uncomfortable to wear..

Last edited: