What's new

Concealment Holster Recommendations

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I use a Galco OWB (4 o'clock) with a Galco belt. I very rarely carry IWB but when I do it's an off brand Kydex retention that I use at 1 o'clock appendix carry.

A lot of these hybrid holsters like Crossbreed are very popular right now and I've never heard anything bad about them. Like a lot of said on here, the belt is just as important as the holster.

Mr.Erskine

I am the Walrus
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've read a little about the alien holsters, and I like what I see on them. I just have to wonder about my girth and the way they're made. I love the feedback that I am getting! Thanks!

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I like comp-tac for kydex. I'll echo what many said above though and don't go cheap just for the sake of saving a few dollars. You will regret it. Get a good holster and a good double thick belt to hold it up.

The problem is that holsters are kind of like shoes or boots. What is comfortable for one person may be terrible for another, so it is really hard to say until you have tried one out for a while.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, I've been looking some time to get my CC permit, and since my wife and I left the "Gun Safe Zone" of Maryland to a state with more relaxed rules, I am going to get my CC permit. In order to do the required training and test, I naturally have to have all the required elements.

I have seen a couple ads online for concealment holsters, and I looked at a couple at the great satan (Walmart), but I think that I would rather get some ideas from real people--not made up customer reviews--on good concealment holsters.

Some things that I would be looking for:

1. Naturally, something comfortable, but not expensive
2. Something that is going to be fairly durable, but not expensive
3. My carry weapon will be a Glock 23. I understand that it's a bit chunky for a CC weapon, but I chose it because I like they way it fits me and the way it fires--I may carry my wife's Ruger LC-9 in a pinch, sometimes, though.

There are a couple places around, that are NOT the great satan, that I can check out recommendations. I am just trying to get some good ideas from actual people and not just someone trying to sell me a product.

Thanks.
I carry a G23, and have a HighNoon holster, very happy with it. (It is a clunky pistol to CHL though)

Edit: I have this holster: http://www.highnoonholsters.com/store/extreme-duty-holsters-iwb-holsters/down-under-w-clip/

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Theis is great for their IWB holster - I used to carry my G19 in one all the time. I now primarily carry OWB and swear by Lead Farmer (LFI). The G-code RTI mounting system is great for easy on and off. For IWB now I typically use one of the Remora sticky holsters.

The double layer and reinforced 1.5" gun belt suggestions are also very important - they make as much of a difference as the holster does, especially if carrying all day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mr.Erskine

I am the Walrus
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I realized the belt was important after doing some more reading on the matter.

I'm okay with the clunkiness--for now. Like I said, though, I can always carry my wife's LC-9 very easily concealable, and light. I just like the way mine fits and fires better

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
There are so many great holsters out right now. IMO even more important is a belt though (do you want leather or synthetic? this is more important than your holster) Google the ones mentioned above, they're great. I use a High Noon for my CZ, a Remora for my Ruger and a BlackPoint for the Glock. Again it's a great time for CC with the options out there. You will probably have to drop some coin to find what works for you though, trial and error and all

Mr.Erskine

I am the Walrus
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are so many great holsters out right now. IMO even more important is a belt though (do you want leather or synthetic? this is more important than your holster) Google the ones mentioned above, they're great. I use a High Noon for my CZ, a Remora for my Ruger and a BlackPoint for the Glock. Again it's a great time for CC with the options out there. You will probably have to drop some coin to find what works for you though, trial and error and all
...cigars or holsters... cigars or holsters.......

Mr.Erskine

I am the Walrus
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't guess there are places where one could check out some of these holsters that you see online, are there?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I carry a G32 (same gun as the op but in .357SIG). For iwb I use a code4kydex holster. You can see his work on instagram/Facebook/YouTube. High quality and very reasonable price. When I do owb carry it it rides in a leather holster from El Paso Saddlery called the Street Combat. Don't forget a spare mag carrier ;-) GOOD gear isn't cheap but neither was your Glock. Buy once, cry once. I also highly recommend CCS Gunwear..my XDs rides in his Tutori
www.ccsgunwear.com
www.epsaddlery.com

Mr.Erskine

I am the Walrus
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry I haven't answered in a while--Holidays and all... Thanks for the recommendations. I am in the process, now, of getting what I need for conceal carry, including the holster hunt

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
Holsters are like cars. Everyone likes something a bit different for a variety of reasons but all of the input here has been pretty good. That being said take a look at Vedder. They are a smaller family run company in FL and make some outstanding products and are very reasonably priced. I have several and love them all. The customer service is second to none as well. Good luck on your hunt.
www.vedderholsters.com