What's new

Cooking Ribs Today

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Well I am trying someting new for me. I am cooking some ribs on the grill today, I have a Weber gas grill and I have Hickory chips in some tinfiol to smoke them. I will see how good this works.

Will update later.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
So I finished the ribs up, it was not as good as a rib house. However I think it was some of the best I have done at my house there was a small smoke ring on the ribs not bad for my 1st try. I was taking some pics but they did not turn out good. But they tasted good for gooking them on a gas grill.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice, what time shall I show up with the beer?

I need to try that one of these days.

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
Pork ribs: ALWAYS rub the ribs with a Good olive oil, and rub them down with garlic... slow cook them from the heat for about 3 1/2 hours, wrap in tinfoil for about 30 mins on the grill... take them off and let them rest for 30 min....YUMMMMM, pork, garlic and olive oil,,, most tasty wooofons.............

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Pork ribs: ALWAYS rub the ribs with a Good olive oil, and rub them down with garlic...
Sounds really good but always? I'm not one to knock a successful recipe but there's more than one way to skin a rib!

I lightly rub mine with yellow mustard, then apply my favorite dry rub. They go in the smoker at 210°F-ish to get 4 hours of smoke...usually apple wood but sometimes pecan or oak...then continue without smoke until it's time to foil 'em and let 'em rest. Total time is about 8–10 hours...give or take. The finish is a root beer barbecue sauce...The Wife®'s favorite.

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
Well maybe not,,, ALWAYS.............A cuban taught me this recipe...they are good with pork...........I have never tried yelow musturd as a rub, what is it suppose to do do the meat????

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well maybe not,,, ALWAYS.............A cuban taught me this recipe...they are good with pork...........I have never tried yelow musturd as a rub, what is it suppose to do do the meat????
It gives the dry rub something flavorful to adhere to and I believe it contributes to making a good-tasting bark.

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
Thats what the olive oil does, gives something for the rub to hold onto and also keeps the meat moist....

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
Sascha, all is good here, noticed you have been posting some and have tried some interesting smokes,,,good to see your still onboard....