What's new

Cooler Disaray

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I was putting away some sticks tonight and it's a mess!

I have a ton of singles since I just started buying by the box. I would use other boxes to house singles. There is shit everywhere. I need to empty every box and organize them and put them back. :hammersma:hammersma

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Do you have any cedar trays from Bargain Humidors? They work great for me to keep my singles in :thumbsup:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Nah, I was just looking at them though. Might have to pick up a few. From now on I only buy boxes.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
caudio51 said:
Nah, I was just looking at them though. Might have to pick up a few. From now on I only buy boxes.
It's always helpful to have a couple trays around for when the boxes only have a 5'er or so left in them. Stick'm in the trays and then by a new box to replace to one you just emptied :thumbsup:

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I keep a 100 stick humi in my cooler for singles storage. I like it's durability & protection better than a cedar shelf, but my 160 qt is packed to the brim. Part of the reason why I had to sell off what I did last week was so I could have room for the humi in there! I prop the lid open a few inches with some cedar splints & it keeps the humidity regulated to just the right level. The good thing about using a humi is that if you ever get too full (in the cooler that is), you can just pull the 100count out & leave it sealed until room becoems available. Obviously it would work on its own so there's no worries about leaving your prized posessions out in the open.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
When it comes to handling the <5 cigars left in a box dilema...
I have assortment boxes set up. Right now I have a nearly filled torpedo box (including numerous ELs, Mc2, Custom torps, Unicos ect), a compilation Robusto SLB with about 10 sleeping RASS plus my random Robos & an assorted Large stick box. In it I have Sublimes, churchills, Salamones, ect that I otherwise would have to keep in with my singles. This way, I'm not rummaging through all these loose sticks whenever I am looking through the Humi & if I know I'm craving a specific cigar, I can just go to the respective box & dig it out. Works like a charm.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
If you're interested in doing the same, I know a vendor here on BOTL who will be selling assorted 25ct SLB that are blank for you to store all your random cigars of certain sizes. I think all the basic sizes will be offered, though I can't be sure (Robusto, PC, Churchill, Torpedo)

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
If you're interested in doing the same, I know a vendor here on BOTL who will be selling assorted 25ct SLB that are blank for you to store all your random cigars of certain sizes. I think all the basic sizes will be offered, though I can't be sure (Robusto, PC, Churchill, Torpedo)
Definitely a possibility

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Are they SLBs?
Yup, Give Mark a ring and he can let you if they're available for sale yet. He said he's got some other stuff up his sleave as well, but I haven't been let in on the secret yet!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I never thought about doing it by size. Its more by brand/wrapper.

Size is definitely the way to go. Usually you have a time frame in mind and are looking for the right size to fill that gap.

Looks like I need to empty the 160qt cooler and rearrange!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Finally got around to doing this. Its better but still not where I want it to be.