What's new

Cooler

Kimyounil

They call me Mike.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was looking to set up a little cooler for my cigars. I was wondering if the coolers with the swivel top are ok or do I need the tops that close shut. I know that I'll need beads, hydrometer(how important is this?), and boxes. Do I need to put in spanish cedar or use boxes of spanish cedar to hold the cigars or will just the cigars in any old box do just fine?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i would use the top that closes shut. when you are buying it, make sure the lid has a tight fit. My igloo had a little "woosh" to it when you closed the lid. get yourself one of the calibratable hygrometers. they are the best low cost hygrometers available. go with beads or Bovedas for humidifications. beads will be least expensive in the long run, and they work great. Bovedas work excellent too. they are mindless, but cost more $ to use. the spanish cedar cigar boxes are more than enough to buffer humidity, and give that nice aroma. another suggestion would be to use a remote hygrometer. more $, but you dont have to open the igloo to check your humidity level.