What's new

Coolest car you have ever gotten to drive

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
1960 Volkswagen splitty van.

Was a delivery special so it had a pair of doors on both sides behind the front doors. (3 doors on each side) Very plain jane other than that... but it did have the pop open windscreen and i did put the conversion plate in so I could roch a chevy small block v8 in the back... effing sweet ride until i wrapped it around a deer.

Cool thread!

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I had that VW van too!

I owned a '69 Camero and then a
'67 Impala with sidepipes and air shock so I could fill them up and look like a hotrod or let them out and go as a lowrider... which where I was living at the time was a needed thing.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
There is a young guy (early 30's) that comes in to my local B&M...decendant of rich parents that has a hard top Gallardo, drop top Gallardo, Ferrari 430, Bentley GT, Porsche 911 turbo drop top, BMW M5, and a blacked out Escallade....always smoking Davidoffs....I gotta get him on the boards.

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There were a few that were memorable.

Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer 512 (Red of course)
Chaparelle Road Racer, Bright Yellow track kitted Not for Public streets. ;)

Stand out sentimental favorite? A fully restored 72 Mercedes 6.9 in BRG. I got to take it out to the Oregon Coast for the Weekend. Not the fastest, but it was stone cold Class all the way!

Cheers!

slack

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Caterpillar bulldozer. No, don't remember the model, belonged to my boss at the time, but damn, knocking down trees and whatever the f$%k else was in the way, what a rush.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I haven't driven any real cool cars - Yet. I did take a ride in one of Dale Earnhardt's #3 Goodwrench cars around Daytona speedway at 165 mph. Now that was a trip!! I have driven many nice motorhomes though. Most expensive of these was in the $600k range.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My fire company's Pierce 75' ladder truck, with 550 h.p. it takes off like a scared jack rabbit, it also is the most expensive thing I've ever driven at $700,000.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
My favorite was a Hummer complete with auto grenade launcher and gecal 50 gatling gun. Even the 68 Vet L88 I drove is a distant second to that.
ASV for me :assaultri

Ehh, correction, I drove a bus for the Army for a while... that's right! lol and a 2 1/2 ton truck as well. Wait, that was my most horrible driving experience!

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hand built rock buggy that I made for a guy. 44" tire, 4 corner hydraulics, 26" ground clearance, 74" tall, 110" wheel base.

99' custom chopper w/ 113" S&S.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I worked as a Valet at Trump's place on Palm Beach while I was in College. I drove all kinds of stuff working there but I think the coolest thing I ever drove there was a 1930's (can't be sure on the exact year) 3 window coup hot rod. Our overflow lot was off site so we actually got to drive the cars some.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Federal Task force allowed me to drive a Ferrari F1, a Astin Martin DB9 and a DBS, a MBZ Gullwing
This conversation can stop right here. Nothing in the world can be any better than a Ferrari Formula1 car. That's F-ing amazing. I would bet that 99% of us couldn't even drive that car. Whether it be the clutch, the required speed to generate enough downforce to turn or just brake!

No streetcar can even come close to that performance in both a straight line, curve, accelerating of decelerating. Awesome!

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
This conversation can stop right here. Nothing in the world can be any better than a Ferrari Formula1 car. That's F-ing amazing. I would bet that 99% of us couldn't even drive that car. Whether it be the clutch, the required speed to generate enough downforce to turn or just brake!

No streetcar can even come close to that performance in both a straight line, curve, accelerating of decelerating. Awesome!
Oh yeah! What about the 007 Lotus Esprit that could turn into a submarine and drive underwater? huh? I didn't get to drive it but come on! :razz:

Web

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Does my former 76 mustang II, the 4 cylinder version, count? Yeah, mustang II not the cool mustang! Word on the street was that it's actually a Pinto in a different dress.