What's new

Corncob Repair

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
So I received a used corncob pipe from a fine brother on here, I have been using it quite a bit, I am liking it over the meerscham or even the clay pipe. Today I went to clean it out and got a little enthusiastic and poke a hole thru the bottom of the bowl. It is keeping closed by the sticker on the bottom proclaiming it to be a missouri meescham.

I have my birthday coming up and plan to ask the gf for a pipe for my present. Question I have is even though it looks bogus can I ducktape the bottom so I can keep using it until then? I put a bit on the bottom, it really can't be seen, it is not a clean hole but more like a fracture, the heat doesn't seem to effect it...

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
I think I might try some heat resistant two part epoxy. Just mix enough of it together to make a little "patch" for the fracture.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You need to mix up some "pipe mud". First smoke a cigar, saving all the ash. Next put the ash in a paper cup and break it up as fine as you can. Now spray in a little water, what you are going for is a thick paste. Take a pipe cleaner, small screwdriver, etc and apply a thin layer to the bottom of the bowl. Let it dry a little then repeat. Once you have sufficent build up set the pipe aside to dry for at least three days. Just be a little gentle when you clean out the bottom of the bowl.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You need to mix up some "pipe mud". First smoke a cigar, saving all the ash. Next put the ash in a paper cup and break it up as fine as you can. Now spray in a little water, what you are going for is a thick paste. Take a pipe cleaner, small screwdriver, etc and apply a thin layer to the bottom of the bowl. Let it dry a little then repeat. Once you have sufficent build up set the pipe aside to dry for at least three days. Just be a little gentle when you clean out the bottom of the bowl.
Works like a charm, although I usually use a little honey with the water, you don't need much honey/water .... make sure it's a pretty thick paste.