What's new

corned beef

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
flipping through all the shows recorded on my DVR, i ran accross a good recipe for corned beef from "Good Eats" on Food Network. (yes i admit i watch food network!)

stopped by the grocery store and bought a nice brisket and im gonna start brining it this weekend. anyone else here a corned beef freak???? nothing like corned beef and cabbage, corned beef hash and probably my favorite, a thin sliced, thick stacked corned beef sandwich with spicy brown mustard!!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I'm not a fan at all. My dad seems to like it though :barf: May'be it's the half fat and half beef ratio I see while eating it.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
flipping through all the shows recorded on my DVR, i ran accross a good recipe for corned beef from "Good Eats" on Food Network. (yes i admit i watch food network!)

stopped by the grocery store and bought a nice brisket and im gonna start brining it this weekend. anyone else here a corned beef freak???? nothing like corned beef and cabbage, corned beef hash and probably my favorite, a thin sliced, thick stacked corned beef sandwich with spicy brown mustard!!
I do like it a lot and I do watch the Food Network and I get a lot of my ideas from Alton Brown and Paula Dean, good shows.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Making a good corned beef brisket is really easy to do in the crock pot. Just throw in you brisket add the little spice packet it comes with a little bit of water (2 cups or so) let it slow cook for a good 6 or 7 hours on. Then add you cabage (quarter it first) carrots and potatos. Let them slow cook with the brisket as well for a couple of hours and then you are ready to enjoy a good meal.