What's new

Could you believe that the Super Bowl Champs were given $1 cigars for their big win!?!?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in KC and received a text from a local vendor stating that they had provided their house brand cigars called "decibel up" to the locker room after the big win and I could pickup my own for 25٪ off this week.

I have attended a "Rocky Patel Event", hosted by the same vendor, where we were invited to come smoke, eat and hang out with Rocky himself. The tickets weren't cheap! And they handed out a baggie of their house brand cigars, well liquor and terrible catered BBQ in a city where BBQ is king!! The cigars were all horrible and tasted like $1 cigar tobacco, i couldnt even finish most of them and had to throw them out. I was pissed!!

I couldn't believe that they had handed out their TRASH for the WORLD CHAMPS! I waited all this week to see a story on C.A. about "what the Champs are smoking", like they always do, to prove otherwise. No such story.

It's a sad day for all when the cheap bastard that owns the shop (Outlaw Cigars) hands out his highest profit margin cigar just because it has a name related to the Chiefs. I could only hope that those who were on the team, that know cigars, threw them out and sparked their own worthy of a once in a lifetime achievement!

If I ever see the jerkoff that owns Outlaw, his name is Kendall, I will happily tell him off for committing such an atrocity!!! I hope you all would agree with me.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What a first post! Great thing about America is if someone gives me a cigar I don't like I don't have to smoke it. The money the players make I'll bet there where some good ones being burned.

Hope you stay on the forum but ripping a shop as a first post is pretty un-cool. I know a lot of people on the forum speak highly of Outlaw cigars in Kansas City

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I went to Fidel's in Kansas City a few years ago after taking a really hard professional level exam. I was watching The Shining on my phone and the employee made me turn it off. To their credit, they offered me traditional earbuds, but I have an iPhone and needed wireless which neither of us had on hand. The other guys near me spoke up that it wasn't bothering them, but the employee made me turn it off anyway. The demeanor in which he did it really put me off. If I'm ever back in KC I would be inclined to visit Outlaw Cigars because they aren't Fidel's.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience with Outlaw Cigars @SPLfiend.

Not that I have smoked a lot of them, but I have had some pretty good luck with the house blend cigars from Outlaw over the years. It's probably been a while since I've actually been there though with the last time being a meet-up with @GoBison about 3-4 years ago.

As far as "$1 cigars", the cigars themselves are $47.50 for a fiver so pretty much mid-range in price. I've never smoked one though so I am unable to say if they are worth $1.00 or $10. Given that there are probably only a handful of actual cigar smokers on the team though, most are going to light up, take a couple of puffs and then set it down anyways. Providing a mid-priced cigar that is related to the team makes a ton of sense to me. Not only does it unite the team around a symbolic cigar, it also is a great shout-out to the fan base as well as a great marketing opportunity for the shop.

IMHO, Outlaw Cigars did a great job with this one.