What's new

Covid 19

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is the advice given to hospital staff.
It explains the virus and hopefully, how to prevent getting it.
Please share with family, friends and work colleagues.

Virus Detection:

The simplest way to distinguish Coronavirus from a Common Cold is that the COVID-19 infection does not cause a cold nose or cough with cold, but it does create a dry and rough cough.
The virus is typically first installed in the throat causing inflammation and a feeling of dryness. This symptom can last between 3 and 4 days.
The virus typically then travels through the moisture present in the airways, goes down to the trachea and installs in the lungs, causing pneumonia that lasts about 5 or 6 days.
Pneumonia manifests with a high fever and difficulty breathing. The Common Cold is not accompanied, but there may be a choking sensation. In this case, the doctor should be called immediately.

Experts suggest doing this simple verification every morning: Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If this can be done without coughing, without difficulty, this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating the absence of infection. It is recommended to do this control every morning to help detect infection.

Prevention:
The virus hates heat and dies if it is exposed to temperatures greater than 80°F (27°C). Therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths or simply hot water should be consumed abundantly during the day. These hot liquids kill the virus and are easy to ingest.
Avoid drinking ice water or drinks with ice cubes.

Ensure that your mouth and throat are always wet, never DRY. You should drink a sip of water at least every 15 minutes. WHY? Even when the virus enters water or other liquids through the mouth, it will get flushed through the oesophagus directly into the stomach where gastric acids destroy the virus. If there is not enough water, the virus can pass into the trachea and from there to the lungs, where it is very dangerous.

For those who can, sunbathe. The Sun's UV rays kill the virus and the vitamin D is good for you.
The Coronavirus has a large size (diameter of 400-500 nanometers) so face masks can stop it, no special face masks are needed in daily life.
If an infected person sneezes nearby, stay 10 feet (3.3 meters) away to allow the virus fall to the ground and prevent it from falling on you.
When the virus is on hard surfaces, it survives about 12 hours, therefore when hard surfaces such as doors, appliances, railings, etc. are touched, hands should be washed thoroughly and/or disinfected with alcoholic gel The virus can live nested in clothes and tissues between 6 and 12 hours. Common detergents can kill it. Things that cannot be washed should be exposed to the Sun and the virus will die.
The transmission of the virus usually occurs by direct infection, touching fabrics, tissues or materials on which the virus is present.
Washing your hands is essential.
The virus survives on our hands for only about 10 minutes. In that time many things can happen, rubbing the eyes, touching the nose or lips. This allows the virus to enter your throat. Therefore, for your good and the good of all, wash your hands very often and disinfect them.
You can gargle with disinfectant solutions (i.e. Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide) that eliminate or minimize the amount of virus that can enter the throat. Doing so removes the virus before it goes down to the trachea and then to the lungs.
Disinfect things touched often: mobile phone, keyboard, mouse, car steering wheel, door handles, etc ....
[/QUOTE/]

Thanks for this..great info!

My ex-wife was way ahead of her time with Extreme Social Distancing. Like moving out. :LOL:
Ding ding ding....we have a winner.... chicken dinner!

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Virus Detection:

The simplest way to distinguish Coronavirus from a Common Cold is that the COVID-19 infection does not cause a cold nose or cough with cold, but it does create a dry and rough cough.
The virus is typically first installed in the throat causing inflammation and a feeling of dryness. This symptom can last between 3 and 4 days.
The virus typically then travels through the moisture present in the airways, goes down to the trachea and installs in the lungs, causing pneumonia that lasts about 5 or 6 days.
Pneumonia manifests with a high fever and difficulty breathing. The Common Cold is not accompanied, but there may be a choking sensation. In this case, the doctor should be called immediately.

Experts suggest doing this simple verification every morning: Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If this can be done without coughing, without difficulty, this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating the absence of infection. It is recommended to do this control every morning to help detect infection.

Prevention:
The virus hates heat and dies if it is exposed to temperatures greater than 80°F (27°C). Therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths or simply hot water should be consumed abundantly during the day. These hot liquids kill the virus and are easy to ingest.

Ensure that your mouth and throat are always wet, never DRY. You should drink a sip of water at least every 15 minutes. WHY? Even when the virus enters water or other liquids through the mouth, it will get flushed through the oesophagus directly into the stomach where gastric acids destroy the virus. If there is not enough water, the virus can pass into the trachea and from there to the lungs, where it is very dangerous.

For those who can, sunbathe. The Sun's UV rays kill the virus and the vitamin D is good for you.
The Coronavirus has a large size (diameter of 400-500 nanometers) so face masks can stop it, no special face masks are needed in daily life.
If an infected person sneezes nearby, stay 10 feet (3.3 meters) away to allow the virus fall to the ground and prevent it from falling on you.
When the virus is on hard surfaces, it survives about 12 hours, therefore when hard surfaces such as doors, appliances, railings, etc. are touched, hands should be washed thoroughly and/or disinfected with alcoholic gel The virus can live nested in clothes and tissues between 6 and 12 hours. Common detergents can kill it. Things that cannot be washed should be exposed to the Sun and the virus will die.
The transmission of the virus usually occurs by direct infection, touching fabrics, tissues or materials on which the virus is present.
The virus survives on our hands for only about 10 minutes. In that time many things can happen, rubbing the eyes, touching the nose or lips. This allows the virus to enter your throat. Therefore, for your good and the good of all, wash your hands very often and disinfect them.
You can gargle with disinfectant solutions (i.e. Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide) that eliminate or minimize the amount of virus that can enter the throat. Doing so removes the virus before it goes down to the trachea and then to the lungs.
Disinfect things touched often: mobile phone, keyboard, mouse, car steering wheel, door handles, etc ....

So I see "surrounding yourself with toilet paper" isn't listed, hmmmmmm go figure...

I guess playing tennis outside in FL sun where we are hitting record highs isn't a bad idea but I'm worried they will ban that soon

Thanks for the info

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Today up to 422 cases in Québec and about 266 are in Montréal.
There's about 60 cases in my region, but that's vague enough to not know if there's any in my area.

We're up to 4 death now in Quebec and have been socially distant for over a week.

Today our prime minister has decreted that every non essential business will be closed for at least 3 weeks. Schools are closed until at least May.

While my employer deals in trainers for transport and health, we're considered essential so business does continue. But we're having temporary layoffs already.

I have been working from home for over a week already and at this point am planned to continue, but my salary has temporarily been dropped by 10% as an effort to consolidate jobs during the economic crisis that goes along.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0

Virus Detection:

Prevention:

No offense, but most of this advice has been debunked. WHO does not support any of this. Except for the hand washing, keep doing that.

Last edited:

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
No offense, but most of this advice has been debunked. WHO does not support any of this. Except for the hand washing, keep doing that.

None taken lol I’m just the messenger! But in all seriousness thanks for letting me know so I stop sharing haha

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My county is leading the way in MD with 107 of the 349 cases. Been teleworking the last two weeks. Things have been getting shut down gradually and now all but essential business are closed. Next thing will be a complete lockdown. We will have to wait and see if that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I think next will be martial law.

In the meantime, government own liquor and canabis stores are open. Go figure. I guess keeping people relax is essential.
Keeping relaxed would be nice !! It's bad enough that I have to put on a rubber glove to check my mail. My mailman touches the handle of every mailbox in town (also gloved) .
Today I check my mail and the only thing in there today? Govt sent me a "questionnaire" . I facepalm as I type this. Thanks for the free petri vessel.

There's a pandemic going on, my disposable glove inventory is not easily replenished, and there's this thing called email for your spam.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My county is leading the way in MD with 107 of the 349 cases. Been teleworking the last two weeks. Things have been getting shut down gradually and now all but essential business are closed. Next thing will be a complete lockdown. We will have to wait and see if that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hard to "like" that comment, so hey man, good luck, take care !

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
In the meanwhile in Canada...

The federal government announced today that any and all companies that have seen their revenues drop by at least 30% will be able to get federal subventions of 75% of the first 58k of every of their employees salaries.

All at the same time, people that gets layed off because of the pandemic are eligible to 2000$/months for up to 4 months.

Still, we're low on antiseptic in the stores and getting out is an ordeal.

How's it going south of the border?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The New Orleans area is getting worse and worse, but people do not change. Wife went to Sam's club, it was crowded and the only people wearing masks and gloves where her and several employees.

Went to the seafood shop to pickup 10 lbs of crawfish and the line was looped around the building. Only a few where wearing protection and almost no one was keeping social distance so McDonalds it was, again.

We're starting to get family, friends and co-workers either with the virus or reporting recent contact with someone who tested positive. My cousin's grandkids have tested positive, the elderly (my age :grumpy: ) Cuban expat that sends me an occasional cigar when she visits the Island is sick with it and her outlook is scary. This whole thing becomes real when it hits close to home.

The most mundane stop in and pickup things are no longer feasible. Florida and Alabama are supposedly stopping cars from Louisiana. The rest stops on the Interstate are closed leaving only gas station restrooms for pee breaks, like thats a good idea.

When you are young you have the right to feel a bit invincible. As my wife continually reminds me, now that I'm older getting sick is a big deal and she has me basically on lockdown. I can only imagine what it's like for the less fortunate.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
In the meanwhile in Canada...

The federal government announced today that any and all companies that have seen their revenues drop by at least 30% will be able to get federal subventions of 75% of the first 58k of every of their employees salaries.

All at the same time, people that gets layed off because of the pandemic are eligible to 2000$/months for up to 4 months.

Still, we're low on antiseptic in the stores and getting out is an ordeal.

How's it going south of the border?
Depends on where you're at honestly. Here in NY (specifically for me on Long Island), absolutely horrible IMO. NYC, even worse than the island. But then again, that's really comparing apples to oranges. People haven't been listening as well as I thought for the "stay home" campaign. Now, I understand kids all stir crazy and people need to be outside. Instead they swarm the beaches and parks and from pictures I've seen not much "social distancing" either. People have been hoarding paper towels, TP, Lysol, hand sanitizer, food- especially chicken and meats. Lines for supermarkets have been out the door as most places limit people who come in and out of the store after shopping. Restaurants have offered curbside pickup and/or free delivery. Some also jumped on the uber eats/grubhub/doordash train too just to try to stay afloat at their food establishments. If your stores are all open right now, I recommend getting all your needed supplies to hold you through at least 2 weeks- including paper goods etc. Plenty of people waited until last minute or it was too late here and were in a frenzy and freaking out because nobody has chop meat or milk or eggs and how much BS it was because everyone was sold out. No, those were the idiots who didn't listen to anyone.

Just be careful, listen to your local media outlets and stay safe and healthy!