What's new

Créme de la Connecticut

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Favorite Connecticuts...GO!

For my money, it's pretty damn hard to beat the Man o' War Virtue. Sublime.

I also really liked the Graycliff G2.

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'd have to say my favorite would be Davidoff by far, I tend to like a lot of their sticks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best Connecticut I ever had was one particular rocky patel vintage 99. However, I have never smoked one of them since that even came close to the creamy caramel of that particular stick. I suppose the stars and planets were in the proper alignment that day!

I also really like the Graycliff G2. I haven't tried the Virtue yet.

I tried the Oliva a couple of times and was disappointed.

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
I'd say my favorite is the 5 Vegas Gold with 8 months to a year of age on it... Nice, smooth, mellow, flavorful stick if you let it sit. I also had a Man O' War Virtue that was decent, but it was too fresh, so lets see how those get with more time.

However, I didn't really like the Oliva Connecticut reserve that I had... too much of that connecticut zing for me.

Never tried a Graycliff G2 though... But now it's on my list!

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
The Virtue single-handedly made me a fan of Connecticut's, and by extension, mild-to-medium bodied cigars.

I used to be one of those guys who thought a Connecticut equaled grass and toast. No depth, no variation.

But no...Virtue is just as full-flavoured and complex as any full-bodied blend i've had.

Cabaiguan is one I actually found pretty disappointing. I thought it was very flat.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Whoa.....My first comment of 2011, they don't happen very often because I really can't remember what was what? Now That I'm collecting my bands I can keep track,
I did enjoy the 5 Vegas Gold and the Rocky Connecticut this past summer,
they were sitting for about 4-6 months and every time I opened the humi I could of swore the vegas 5 with it's shiny gold band winked at me. :thumbsup: