What's new

Crabs, Cigars and the Blue Angels

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Hooked up with Chuck (CWS) and his lovely wife Pat today in Annapolis, MD, at one of my favorite crab houses in the state, Jimmy Cantler's Riverside Inn. It's a place that I've been going to ever since I was a little kid, and it always brings back tons of memories each and every time I visit.

The weather in the beginning was overcast and signs of rain seemed ominous. We chose to sit outside, cuz you can smoke :smokingbo, and we ordered a dozen extra large hardshells and a bucket of steamed clams. Chuck needed a little help on his pickin' technique, but he got the hang of it.

We picked our way through the crabs, and almost finished the clams when it began to rain slightly, so we moved into the covered portion of the deck to finish off what was leftover from our shellfish lunch.

Once through, it looked like the weather was breaking, and sure enough, out came the sun! We immediately fired up: A Lusitania for Chuck, and a Corona Gigante for me. The next hour or so was spent chatting, and enjoying the view on the water, watching the seagulls and boats pass buy.....and we were just about to pack it in, when out of nowhere, six F-18 Hornets rocketed over us flying in formation at what seemed like mach speed...WOW!!! It was the Blue Angels!!

Every year they do an air show to congratulate the graduating cadets, and of all days, I picked this one to meet up with Chuck. What luck!!

So we spent the next hour in awe of the spectacle, them flying over, twirling, free falling, it was amazing. Though Chuck kept trying to get pics, all he could capture were wing tips and exhaust...hehe...they were just too fast. And once you hear them it's too late, they're past you.

All in all, what a great day to take a day off, meet up with a buddy, eat crabs and smoke cigars. I couldn't have asked for more.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Way to go fred. showin a brother a truely fantastic day. Given him crabs, bringing out the sun, flying in the Blue Angels...

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Awesome day. I will post pics later. Great place for MAryland crabs and man what a floor show!!