What's new

Craig might need a new car..

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Hope this is an OK place to post this.

I really didn't want to purchase a new vehicle, but the fact that my car (2000 Jetta GLS V6) may cost me about 1/2 or more than the value of it to repair and I own it outright, I may end up just buying a new one.

I'm looking used, but not opposed to new if the price is only a little bit more than what it would cost for used.

I'm looking to try to stay in 7-10k range, but could go a little more if the car was newer and the cost was only a couple thousand more and I could keep my monthly payments reasonable.

I'm looking at maybe Mazda 3 or similar. I'd like a Sedan, but am open to a small SUV. I don't want a coupe since I carry my hockey gear with me a lot and transporting that in a smaller coupe is inconvenient.

Any suggestions on vehicles to look at?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
one question -

is it the PARTS or the LABOR that is causing you to make this decision?

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
the mazda 3 is a nice choice, you may want to consider the new mazda 2 which should be new and about the top end of your price range, or perhaps a hyundai elantra...

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Dunno how much they go for used in decent condition but the mazdaspeed3 looks like a helluva fun ride if you don't mind the torque steer. Four door hatchback that makes getting your hockey gear in and out much more convenient.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
We were researching and driving cars just a couple months ago, and although there are a few nice models out there, if I were you I'd seriously look into a used Hyundai Azera. They are crazy affordable, and the car "feels" like it's worth more than it costs, imvho. The driving and handling is nice--really, drive one, they corner like freaking go-carts. And the amenities are probably the best in the class--to get better you really have to go for an upscale or entry luxury vehicle.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
We were researching and driving cars just a couple months ago, and although there are a few nice models out there, if I were you I'd seriously look into a used Hyundai Azera. They are crazy affordable, and the car "feels" like it's worth more than it costs, imvho. The driving and handling is nice--really, drive one, they corner like freaking go-carts. And the amenities are probably the best in the class--to get better you really have to go for an upscale or entry luxury vehicle.
Thanks. I think they are a little more expensive that I'm looking at though since the used 2007 ones I'm seeing are about 15k.