What's new

Crossing into Canada

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OMG you're just asking to spend some time in a Canadian prison. Even trying to bring hunting arms into Canada is next to impossible. Bringing your sidearm in, concealed, is crazy!:riflefire

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I can definitely see where you are coming from. Everyone who says Canada has no crime is naive. Crime is everywhere! Wherever there is man, there will be evil. I feel naked without having some form of protection, and there's nothing wrong with that. I would much rather be over prepared than not enough. If you disagree with that statement, then your own personal or family's safety does not rank high enough in MY opinion. However, i am joining the "do not do it" side. I'm not one to give someone illegal advice.

Last edited:

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If your crossing back at the same border point I'm pretty sure you can store your gun at the border, possibly a fee involved. This way you can have your firearm once you leave friendly Canada.
Call the border crossing and find out the details. It had to happen quite frequently as many Americans come here and don't realize they can't gave their gun till there at the border.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Seriously bad idea. Just carry a folding knife. Besides, Canadians are always so drunk you can just take that hockey stick or chainsaw out of their hand before things get too rough. :gangfire:

Yes, the last part was a joke...maybe not in Edmonton...or Vancouver...

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I can definitely see where you are coming from. Everyone who says Canada has no crime is naive. Crime is everywhere! Wherever there is man, there will be evil. I feel naked without having some form of protection, and there's nothing wrong with that. I would much rather be over prepared than not enough. If you disagree with that statement, then your own personal or family's safety does not rank high enough in MY opinion. However, i am joining the "do not do it" side. I'm not one to give someone illegal advice.
THIS is exactly why i've considered it. But everyone can rest easy. I'm a resourceful person and if me and my family get caught in a jam I'll have the necessary resources to get what I need to get me and my family out of harms way and back to where I need to be.

Now that I've decided to leave the powder at home, the only tool I'll have to get out of immediate danger is my good 'ol noodle.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Good to hear that you are not going to do this. While I have no problems with law abiding citizens that have gone through the proper channels carrying a concealed weapon. In canada it's a whole different ballgame. As if they find you bringing a weapon like this into their country far outweigh the odd's of you needing a firearm.

You will loose your firearm and worse yet be doing some serious time in a Canadian prison.

Now if you fill out the proper paperwork and get approved that would be a different story. But since you haven't. I'm glad to hear that you aren't going to do this. Not only for your sake but your family as well.

Have a good trip and be extra safe.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
you have to be careful with knifes too. butterfly and switchblades are also prohibited weapons. I have been a resident of Ontario for 20 years and have never had to carry any kind of weapon for protection. I can tell you that yes there is crime in Canada, but crimes against random people are usually isolated incidents, more often then not people who attack others usually know each and usually there are circumstances in which law abiding citizens don't encounter. ex. drug debt

Rating - 100%
19   0   0