326   0   0
****First I must thank Steve "Pooh Bore" for this monster CC.****

mc99.JPG
Name: Diademas
Factory Name: Figurado Double
Ring gauge: 55
Length: 23.30 CM / 9.1 INCHES

On the light
I just love a cigar that has this tapered shape and feel. It just seems to fit the fingers perfectly and with balance. It is a beautifull cigar to look at and the wrapper is firm and dry to the touch. The draw is a bit tight but the length of this cigar demands it.
Taste is that of bitter coffee and a touch of leather. After about an inch I am picking up hints of Vanilla and Walnut.

mc100.JPG

Halfway mark
The draw has really opened up at this point and the flavor has really settled into a nice bocaue of nutty walnut and coffee. Even though the draw has opened up the strength of this cigar to me is a solid medium.

Ending the final Third
The flavors have remained consistant. The draw is perfect and there have been zero burn issues up till now. nearing the end I'm having to touch up a little which is due to what I think is a little moisture in the leaf from smoking for so long. No biggie though as it maintains it's performance. I finally had to put this cigar down at 3hrs and 15mins...WOW!

mc101.JPG

Final thought
Althought the cigar to me didn't have a wow factor it did have a cozy factor. It's one of thoes smokes you would love to have while reading a good book or chilling at a BBQ. It really doesn't require much attention and just seems to conform to your mood. I'd recommend this as a good occasional smoke but not something In my normal rotation. All in all a good meduim smoke with good flavors and I am very greatfull to have recieved this from my good mate Steve.
Thanks for your time my friends!

Last edited:

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I think this was a way to flex his "ashtray pr0n" without being too obvious hahaha.
I love Cuaba's for a nice change-up once in a while. They are definitely not full, nor are they complex, but they have a wonderful flavor that just seems to invite you into a mellow, easy-going relaxed state. Right now I have 8 Salomones resting, just waiting for their time and with this review, I think I might be getting another one in soon enough.
Thanks for the review Ciggy !

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I think this was a way to flex his "ashtray pr0n" without being too obvious hahaha.
I love Cuaba's for a nice change-up once in a while. They are definitely not full, nor are they complex, but they have a wonderful flavor that just seems to invite you into a mellow, easy-going relaxed state. Right now I have 8 Salomones resting, just waiting for their time and with this review, I think I might be getting another one in soon enough.
Thanks for the review Ciggy !
I was thinking the same thing Adam, that ash tray is sexy!

Also I've not had the chance to smoke allot of Cuaba's in my day but this sounds rather nice. I really like the idea that you described it as having a "cozy" factor, in the context you described that's exactly how I'd imagine the experience.

Thanks for sharing Tom.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Nice review and ashtray Tom.

I like the Cuaba line, not to difficult to smoke and with that monster, plenty of time to relax.

I've got a couple of other interesting ones for you to review soon ( I think one is called the elephants foot)

Have you tried a Montecristo A ?