What's new

Cuaba Salomone (JNL SEP04)

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This is a Masterpiece! The size is 7 1/4 x 48 to 57 at the largest point, a figurado of sorts. The start was strange, including prelight draw, due to the Perfecto shape.

But very quickly this cigar just blows you away with a rich, dense, cuban tobacco flavor that is unlike any i have experienced thus far. Very earthy tobacco taste, straightforward and full bodied.The finish seems like caramel or nougat, it's sweet and very slightly spicy. The spice does gradually, and still slightly, increase, and the sweetness takes a bit of a backseat except for the finish... where it still comes through the most.

Burn is razor, incredibly nice, especially for a figurado. I'm told these cigars are only left to the best of rollers in Cuba... it does seem to be true as quality here is among the best i have come across.

This is a monster of a cigar, and as it burns, a nutty flavor seems to emerge. In this case, almost peanut butter, but subdued by the rich tobacco and left most evident in aroma as well as finish. I really find this different in terms of what i taste from other habanos. A pleasingly different blend... mild but rich.

The ash forming is quite attractive, and while i feel odd saying this, almost looks like a tightly closed rose, or tulip. Pretty cool... despite my flower reference. Took a little work to uh... Detach ... the ash into the depository. I'd rather do that than wear it so...

Not even halfway into this cigar... flavors are still the same, straightforward, but not linear, and the spice still slowly building... the nutty tastes giving way to some citrus it seems. A very interesting cigar that seems to offer a bouquet of subtle flavors.

Down to the home stretch, still 30mins or so to go...
It's spicier with that straightforward tobacco taste, and sweetness. This was a delicious cigar, but very difficult to nail down in terms of flavor. All i can say is... definitely worth buying. Two snaps up, in a circle!

:smt026 :smt041 :smt038 :smt026 :smt041 :smt026 :smt041

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice rewiew - thanks! :smt023

Just picked one of these up recently - may just have to commit it to the flame this weekend. :smt033 <-----About that big, too!

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
indeed that big... fabulous cigar bro, i look forward to hearing what you think in terms of taste, honestly i can't nail it LOL

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I had my first one of these on Jan. 15th, my birthday.

I was floored, and asked about complaints I'd heard regarding Cuabas generally. Dr. Evil was therre, who I know to be a big fan of the Salm's. He informed me that the use a completely different blend for them than the rest of the line.

As I read the review above, I can honestly say that it mostly mirrors my experience.

It was a VERY deep/complex profile, and worth every bit of the price, IMO.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
thanks for the review, maybe one of these days I will try one of these bad boys, might be hard to find the time, but sounds like a must try cigar.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
scottsins said:
As I read the review above, I can honestly say that it mostly mirrors my experience. It was a VERY deep/complex profile, and worth every bit of the price, IMO.
Very cool. :)
It's nice to know i'm not shooting way off the mark. Sometimes, at least for me, it's hard to describe these things.

Thanks for all the comments guys.