What's new

Cuba Libre

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I was browsing through a local shop in my area recently, and stumbled across a few 5 packs of cigars from a brand called Cuba Libre. They were very inexpensive (about $12) and looked enticing, I'm contemplating going back and picking some up. Has anyone ever tried any cigars from this brand? Any good/bad experiences?

Tony :ccool:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm surprised that these where at a B&M as I thought they where a CI owned label. Years ago I picked up some on Cbid for a buck a piece, and didn't care for them one bit. The Cuba Libre One (round, where the Cuba Libre is box pressed) is a good yard gar, but again, worth about a buck a piece to me.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
These were a staple of my 'fishing 'gars' humi for years. They've got a smooth, sweet, corojo flavor that has always appealed to me, though I haven't had one in a couple years. As fishing 'gars, they excel: don't get harsh when left hanging in my mouth for extended period, stay lit when ignored for a while, box-pressed so they don't roll around on the boat seat and most important, they're dirt cheap. I'd never have one after dinner or to savor, but strong player in the yard-gar game.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
It's exactly what it looks like, and ought to be: a cheap stick that's tolerable. If I were one of those around-the-clock smokers, I might be interested. I smoke 2 a week, so it doesn't interest me at all. If you're looking for an experience, skip it. If you're looking for something to smoke while you're not really thinking about the smoke, it might work ok.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a box of the regular Cuba Libre and recently received a bundle of the Cuba Libre One Hammerhead Box Pressed.

Both are decent sticks.

The Cuba Libre One Hammerhead has some of the best smoke output of any cigar I have ever smoked...and lasted close to two hours. Good flavors throughout. As far as pricing goes, maybe 5 years ago you could have bought these for $1....but nowadays they'll most likely be in the $2 - $3 per stick area...depending on the promo, etc.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
LL, these are the perfect example of when cigars should be bought on cbid. IF this is a cigar you're after, then get 'em from cbid. Pretty rare that they (CL or CLO) go for $2 or more.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I won't pull punches on this one...Horrible cigar. Used to have an interesting label but much as I tired, unsmokable.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I'm surprised that these where at a B&M as I thought they where a CI owned label. Years ago I picked up some on Cbid for a buck a piece, and didn't care for them one bit. The Cuba Libre One (round, where the Cuba Libre is box pressed) is a good yard gar, but again, worth about a buck a piece to me.
CI has an outlet site for shops now. We have a local shop that orders from them. They actually buy most their stock from them because they can get product so quickly.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Remembered I had a "One" in my cooler after reading this thread so I thought I'd light it up. Waste of time, no draw at all, tried to persevere for about 20 minutes but it was just a waste of valuable smoking time so now I've got an Oliva Serie G Maduro Belicoso, much better and only a fraction more expensive.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
CI has an outlet site for shops now. We have a local shop that orders from them. They actually buy most their stock from them because they can get product so quickly.
Good info and it doesn't surprise me one bit. Thanks. Great, so now we can find CI purchased labels, being passed off as the originals, in our B&Ms too.

About a year or so ago, a regular poster, posted a list of over a dozen CI owned cigar E-tailers on their discussion board. The list disappeared quickly, and the poster was banned. I really don't get what all the secrecy is all about.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Good info and it doesn't surprise me one bit. Thanks. Great, so now we can find CI purchased labels, being passed off as the originals, in our B&Ms too.

About a year or so ago, a regular poster, posted a list of over a dozen CI owned cigar E-tailers on their discussion board. The list disappeared quickly, and the poster was banned. I really don't get what all the secrecy is all about.
This is why my Cbid buying stint suddenly stopped......