What's new

CUBA

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If anyone can say with any authority what this means (if anything) for bringing, say, $100 of Cuban goods into the US from ELSEWHERE (i.e. not Cuba), speak up...
No, not yet. Only those allowed to go to cuba can hand cary back 100 worth of cigars.
These rules may change quickly but that is how they stand as of now.
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/Major-Changes-to-US-Cuba-Relations-17916?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Cuba_Open_Blast_121714 (1)

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
man that guy over his shoulder on the left looks pissed
I'm guessing he's a Secret Service dude. With all of the screw-ups that those guys have had over the past couple of months the last thing they need is for someone to take the president out with an exploding cigar.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This obviously has been the nonstop talk amongst my industry compadres… imo, what the President has done is a step towards normalization of diplomatic relations and eased a few restrictions, but it is not an end to the embargo as we know it. Congress will have to vote to modify the Cuban Liberty and Democratic Solidarity (Libertad) Act of 1996 (Helms–Burton Act, Pub.L. 104–114, 110 Stat.785, 22 U.S.C.§§ 60216091) before anything of import will impact us either positive or negative cigar wise.

BR,

STS

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Would like to see Cuban cigars readily available in our shops, but I bet their prices will be quite high. The good thing is that it will bring down the prices on non-Cuban cigars most likely. Plus I prefer non-Cubans, I only have 3 Cuban cigars in my top 20 (Montecristo No.2, Partagas Series P No.2, Punch Punch). The online sources I use now for CCs will probably still be cheapest.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I don't think prices are going to be out of control unless shops are marking them up. Think about what you pay for mail order, then add the tax for your state. Some will have it better than others just like with any tobacco product.