What's new

"Cuban blends" in local B&M

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we're on the topic - what about "legal cuban" cigars? i saw those in a b&m in charleston about a year ago. Supposedly made with pre-embargo cuban tobacco. I'm kinda suspicious about that- what are the chances you find bales of usable 60 year old tobacco just lying around? And if you do - woulnd't you employ the most skilled of rollers to make the most of the rare leaf, not those shaggy looking sticks they had for sale there?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I smoked one a while ago and I didn't enjoy it at all. Also, I whole heartedly agree that they're not really suited for us cigar snobs (I mean that in a good way!) However, I would never belittle, insult or imasculate a potential customer.
Agree..

I've got a buddy that spends roughly $500 a month on smokes an supplies (wife put him on a budget... He used to spend more..)...

Guess what one of his favorite sticks is?

The Acid Blondie...

If I were that B&M owner... And I just found out you insulted one of my $6k a year customers... You'd be in the unemployment line the next morning...

To each his own... Personally I'm not a Blondie fan (or any acid for that matter)... But I'm not going to bash someone else that likes them...

Hell... Hitler likes Juicy Lucys (crossthread points anyone??? :) ).... Who's gonna insult him for his taste/palate?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
You know I only follow Kim Kardashian on twitter but she didn't re- tweet it, did she? ...AND HER HASH TAGS CONFUSE ME!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a B&M that is not worth your time and money. And if they are trying to sell them as Cuban I would imagine could be a shop that would have some legal problems. With so many great shops out there it's the shops with shady things like this that make a bad name for B&Ms.
THIS^^^^^ Plus with the "Chick Stick" remarks, this doesn't seem like a place I would want to be.
I worked in a B&M in Austin for two years and still occasionally fill in at one in Gainesville when time permits, and I would NEVER call acids or any other flavored cigars chick sticks. My job is to make customers happy and cater to tastes, not to judge them, and expand them when I feel a customer would enjoy it. That is very condescending to me.

As far as the original question, that sounds fishy as hell. Taken altogether, I'd find a new spot, personally.