What's new

Cubans, Nicaraguans, Dominicana...can't we all just get along?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy Holidays All,

I have a storage question and need some help too. Currently, I have a 3 shelf humidor that opens in the front, with glass doors and is completely made of wood. The seal is excellent and my humi can hold approx 200 cigars.

1. Are there any problems storing cigars from different origins in the same humidor?
1.1. I usually have Cubans on one shelf, Dominicans on another...so on and so forth. Is this OK?

2. If one is storing different cigars from different origins, am I risking the "taste" factor at all?

3. RF- I've read that anywhere from 65-72 is adequate. What do you feel is the optimum RF and why for smoking?
3.3. How about for long-term aging? What RH would you recommend?

Experience:

I've actually experienced cigars that I felt were too "wet" before. When I was first getting into cigars, I ran the RH at 70, but found that it fluctuated between 72-75! I was left with cigars that just didn't burn well, and were too hard to draw. Is this common if running a higher RH?

Currently, I have a Cigar Oasis XL and only use Glaciar Mist in the resevoir. I'm pretty happy with this set-up. However, I'm open to your suggestions. What do you personally recommend and why?

Thank you for your help!

SteelCity

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Happy Holidays All,

I have a storage question and need some help too. Currently, I have a 3 shelf humidor that opens in the front, with glass doors and is completely made of wood. The seal is excellent and my humi can hold approx 200 cigars.

1. Are there any problems storing cigars from different origins in the same humidor?
1.1. I usually have Cubans on one shelf, Dominicans on another...so on and so forth. Is this OK?

2. If one is storing different cigars from different origins, am I risking the "taste" factor at all?

3. RF- I've read that anywhere from 65-72 is adequate. What do you feel is the optimum RF and why for smoking?
3.3. How about for long-term aging? What RH would you recommend?

Experience:

I've actually experienced cigars that I felt were too "wet" before. When I was first getting into cigars, I ran the RH at 70, but found that it fluctuated between 72-75! I was left with cigars that just didn't burn well, and were too hard to draw. Is this common if running a higher RH?

Currently, I have a Cigar Oasis XL and only use Glaciar Mist in the resevoir. I'm pretty happy with this set-up. However, I'm open to your suggestions. What do you personally recommend and why?

Thank you for your help!

SteelCity
1) in my opinion, no problem

2) i have never noticed any change of taste. i used to worry about the same thing when i was a young, anal newbie. now i dont worry about anything.

in my opionion, long term aging can be done at the higher humidity levels (70%). smoking those cigars is a different story. many smokers prefer to smoke cigars at a lower humdity level. its really up to you. if you store and smoke your cigars somewhere between the 60 and 70% humidity levels, all will be well. you cigars wont go bad if you keep them in this range. the exact humidity levels are really a personal preferance.