What's new

Cuisinar DBM-8

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Anyone have experience with these? Got one for Christmas and was wondering if anyone had some pro-tips. Just grabbed a 1lb of highlander grog whole beans. I have a mocha pot, drip machine, and French press on standby :)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had one a few years ago. It worked pretty good for me. The biggest issue I had was grind retention in the collection cup, and around the burrs. Keep it clean and you should be good to go.

If I remember right you'll have to play with the settings to get it right where you want it. Then once you run some coffee through it, and it starts breaking in you'll have to readjust.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I've had one for about 8 years John. Medium grind for Drip and all the way to last setting coarse for French press. It's a decent grinder for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using one daily for 2-4 double shots of espresso. I keep it at the finest setting. It's loud, without the whine of a blade machine. Many Amazon comments remark on it leaving a trail of dust.. I fill the portafilter over the sink, so no prob here. The only issues I have are 1) clogging at the burr outlet to the catch bin (5 seconds with a toothpick clears it up for the week, no disassembly required. This would be a non-issue with courser grinds) and 2) Had a bean-sized pebble in it for a couple weeks - definitely affected the burr/grinding speed.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Used it a few times with coarse French press already without any issues. Havnt broke out the mocha pot for espresso though

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Had one a few years ago, served me well, until I moved to commercial grade equipment. Never had issues with it. Used it with drip, french press, and moka pot, worked well on all of them.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What did you move onto?

For my grinder I moved up to a Mazzer Mini E type B, for my espresso machine I got an Alex Duetto III. For Christmas this year, wife got me a new OXO grinder for pour overs and everything else that isn't espresso.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
For my grinder I moved up to a Mazzer Mini E type B, for my espresso machine I got an Alex Duetto III. For Christmas this year, wife got me a new OXO grinder for pour overs and everything else that isn't espresso.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451363687.603053.jpg

That's some impressive gear #jealous

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I've had this grinder for probably 3 1/2 years now... I use the coarsest setting for French press, and nothing else... Hasn't failed me yet... Love it!

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
be sure not to stir your french press with a metal spoon,you could break it.
I use a plastic spatula,quick spin and put on the top............