What's new

Curious about DE infused/flavored: coffee, Ambrosia, Natural, or none of the above?

Tabak Especial Negra, Java maduro, Ambrosia, Natural, or none of the above?

• Tabak Especial Negra

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Java Maduro

• Natural Root (not flavored apparently, but "exotic" tobaccos)

• Ambrosia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None!

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Am I heading for the dark side?

I'm about to put in an order at BnB with a Groupon I never used and is about to expire. I've never had flavored cigar in my life, but looking at their selection I'm curious about some of them.

What say you, give 'em a try or head for the hills?

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The Acid Kuba Kuba is a good mild and sweet smoke that I enjoy on occasion.
See, I'm so prejudiced against flavored smokes I didn't even consider these. They're supposed to be really sweet, right? That doesn't sound too appealing to me. Do all flavored/infused have sweetened caps?

Rating - 100%
119   0   0
The Kuba Kuba is the only infused I've tried... The cap is sweetened quite a bit ... Hence why it's an occasional smoke but I enjoy it when I'm in the mood.

Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I do have a Nub Macchiato in the Humi ... Read on here someone describing it as smoking a Hersey chocolate bar and just have to see what that was like...

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
They aren't my cup of tea. DE imho created a cigar to draw more non traditional Scutari enthusiasts into the fold. It created a flavored cigar that women could also enjoy. But, I this boy won't smoke those.like I said, not my cup of tea. But it all comes down to this, smoke why you enjoy, spend you money on what you enjoy.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
The Tabaks are one of my favorite sticks man.....if you like coffee then pair the stick with it and boom...set

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Reading more about the Ambrosia, it sounds pretty scary. Not wild about the idea of a clove-bomb.
The Tabaks are one of my favorite sticks man.....if you like coffee then pair the stick with it and boom...set
I am leaning towards that one. Just saw they also have the Nub Cafe line, which @OtismyMan mentioned. Any good?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Every ACID I've ever tried has been just awful.

I will smoke a Java if it's handed to me, its a little like smoking a Kit Kat. Not what I want when I think of smoking a cigar, but as it's own experience it's decent.

Not a big fan of the Tabaks, personally, but I know a lot of guys love them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DE infused were some of the first handmades that I tried, they had a leg up in what I considered a good cigar. Now, I appreciate the effort they put into the Acids and Javas... just not my cup of tea anymore. They do make a (very) decent cigar besides, in the Undercrown/Liga/Estelli,MUWAT lines, that I'm willing to buy.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Reading more about the Ambrosia, it sounds pretty scary. Not wild about the idea of a clove-bomb.

I am leaning towards that one. Just saw they also have the Nub Cafe line, which @OtismyMan mentioned. Any good?
easy way and hard way.....easy is to PM "IT" to me, hard way is "guys help a brother out and PM me!"

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'll send you a few to try if you want and then you can use your Groupon on smokes you know you like.
"...said the spider to the fly."

easy way and hard way.....easy is to PM "IT" to me, hard way is "guys help a brother out and PM me!"
No that's just bullying! Jeez, can't even ask a simple question around here. :cautious:

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Ok someone pony up this guys addy. In all seriousness bro @StogieNinja and @cgraunke have a point. Most aren't into the infused. I personally go ape shit over coffee and the tabaks imo pair excellent with them....if it's not your cup of tea no harm no foul. If it is then, well you know!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Ok someone pony up this guys addy. In all seriousness bro @StogieNinja and @cgraunke have a point. Most aren't into the infused. I personally go ape shit over coffee and the tabaks imo pair excellent with them....if it's not your cup of tea no harm no foul. If it is then, well you know!
Sounds good. You take care of a couple Tabak & Java. I've got some ACID, Opulence 3, and some Natural for him, I think.
Seriously, Chico, let us share. Use the Groupon to splurge on something you normally wouldn't let yourself buy. I have so many damn cigars and I rarely get to smoke. I'm never going to smoke through everything that was generously gifted to me, let alone all the stuff I bought myself. (yet I keep buying )
I bought a bunch of infused starting out and would love to let you try a few.
Oh, and I HAVE that addy.
BEEP-BEEP!

Last edited:

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sounds good. You take care of a couple Tabak & Java. I've got some ACID, Opulence 3, and some Natural for him, I think.
Seriously, Chico, let us share. Use the Groupon to splurge on something you normally wouldn't let yourself buy. I have so many damn cigars and I rarely get to smoke. I'm never going to smoke through everything that was generously gifted to me, let alone all the stuff I bought myself. (yet I keep buying
)
I bought a bunch of infused starting out and would love to let you try a few.
Oh, and I HAVE that addy.
BEEP-BEEP!
Somehow I don’t think it's a matter of me "letting"! But really, it's totally unnecessary. The Groupon was bought and paid for months ago, so it's not even like real money. And besides, how many Fuentes and Ashtons does a guy need? May as well squander it on more risky stuff!

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
That's all I have to say about tha-a-at.
:meh: Good thing I didn't place the order yet. Thanks, brother. I may pick some baccy now since I have a whole rotation of pipes that belonged to my dad, and have been pipe-curious for some time. Which means you've probably just enabled another slippery slope!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
:meh: Good thing I didn't place the order yet. Thanks, brother. I may pick some baccy now since I have a whole rotation of pipes that belonged to my dad, and have been pipe-curious for some time. Which means you've probably just enabled another slippery slope!
Oh, I can help with pipe baccy, too!
I wonder if the mail last came yet, or if my box is still out there?!